Thai Curry Tuna burger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

S-met

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 1, 2019
Nor Cal
Albacore Tuna burgers for dinner. Started yesterday morning with a couple of tuna loins.

Thinly slice the whites of the onions saving the greens for garnish.
20200104_095129.jpg

Grate ginger and finely dice lemongrass
20200104_100521.jpg

Zest and juice two limes
20200104_101048.jpg

Add a heaping tablespoon of red curry paste and a splash of oil
20200104_095138.jpg

Mix all ingredients into a paste
20200104_101425.jpg

*Cube tuna into bite size chunks (auto correct error)
20200104_105403.jpg

Let it marinate for a few hours up to a day in the fridge
20200104_110810.jpg

Dinner time... into the pan, 6-8 min turning several times. Don't overcook the tuna
20200105_180708.jpg

And remember the green onion tops. Thin slice and garnish.
20200105_181432.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Nice! I was just watching a video on Thai Fish Cakes today. The flavored fish was pureed into a sticky paste, but the same general concept.
Your post is inspiring as we picked up 2 pounds of Tuna Steaks, on sale, this past Saturday.
I used Mae Ploy for years but have been using Maseri lately. I find is less salty and it doesn't have the Shimp Paste, that messes with my Daughter's shellfish allergy...JJ

Reactions: S-met
Sounds tasty. All of our albacore is canned. Hopefully we’ll catch some more this season. Would be nice to have a few loins in the freezer.

Reactions: S-met
What kind of Tuna is that? I looked up Chub Tuna and only got results for Mackerel
Richie

Sounds tasty. All of our albacore is canned. Hopefully we’ll catch some more this season. Would be nice to have a few loins in the freezer.
I wss buying tuna off the pier on my last trip through Newport. I was surprised to learn how many locals just can the tuna. I vac-pac and cover with ice and dry ice to flash freeze. Into the freezer! I gave this recipe to the people on the pier. Also told them about the collars. I was appalled to learn how many collars were destined for crab traps!
What kind of Tuna is that? I looked up Chub Tuna and only got results for Mackerel
Richie
Albacore tuna. Usually the same stuff that is in canned tuna. Any fatty fish would do well, sardines or mackerel would probably be good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky