Texas Rib Candy St. Louis Ribs w/QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kanealmond

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Boone, NC
I'm cooking a rack of St. Louis cut ribs today. I've read a ton of reviews about Texas Rib Candy so I finally ordered some earlier in the week. It came in the mail yesterday and it really does taste amazing. I got the Apple-Cherry-Habanero flavor with 2X the heat. It's perfectly balanced with a real kick up front that diminishes quickly, followed by a nice sweet/spicy finish.

I trimmed up the ribs and rubbed down with some Killer Hogs The BBQ rub. You cannot beat the color of that rub in my opinion.

Put in the smoker at 240 degrees. After 2 hours, I had the color I wanted so I wrapped up with some butter, brown sugar, and a little more rub.

After 1.5 hours in the wrap I went ahead and took them out, glazed with more rub, butter, and the Texas Rib Candy. Back in the smoker for about an hour to tighten up and let the glaze set up.

The ribs turned out great. The rib candy was a little spicy for the wife so I didn't really get to candy glaze them like I planned on. I went ahead and ordered the same flavor without the extra heat, so hopefully next weekend I can really glaze a rack and make it look pretty.

Finish product ready to eat!

finished product looks  great 
icon14.gif

Thanks all!

I have ordered some Texas Rib Candy in the same flavor without the 2X Habanero heat. The wife didn't like the extra hot stuff so I didn't really get to candy them like I wanted. The new bottle should be here by mid-week though so I see another rack in the plans for next weekend!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky