Texas Is BACK!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I understand and agree and have empathy for the small businesses and workers/families crippled by some of these policies ... but I am also saddened that such a large percentage of our population prizes and values relatively trivial personal preferences and narcissism over the potential life or death welfare of others.

It's simple if you want to shelter in place do so.

A person wearing $2.00 mask or one made out a bandana, tee shirt, old bra or jockstrap and a sheet of clear poly worn over your face is not doing squat for you or anybody else. I laugh when I put a mask on because I have a long beard and anyone that has ever been fit for a respirator knows that there is zero protection unless you have a 100% seal.

Talk to a Trauma Critical Care Surgeon's and RN's that treat C-19 7days a week 14-16 hours a day and ask them if the types of masks people are wearing are protecting anyone from airborne germs both outgoing and incoming. Then ask a Pulmonologist The same question they will likely tell you that they are doing more harm to your lungs than good.

I've asked these questions to family members that are either Trauma Critical Care Surgeon's, Pulmonologist and RN's that treat C-19 14-16 hours a day 6-7 days a week. Yup, that's right I think they have seen it all by now and know what they are talking about. I trust them with my life over any Government hack/ sell out like Fauci he's a pawn.

Live your life as you see fit but don't expect others to wear crap that doesn't work just to pacify the public and government pawns.

Is there anything else you'd like to mandate that infringes on our god given rights.
like Donna Fargo said in here song "U.S. of America"
United States of America
Where I can be whatever I can be
Free to think as I choose
Right or wrong, win or lose
Where my only limitation is me
And if you look at the CDC's own website you will find that
31,365 total deaths by ONLY Coronavirus in the U.S. – Only 6% of deaths are by people who have no other factors, like gunshot wounds, motorcycle accidents, heart or lung conditions. Fact checks lying about what this means. Seems simple – 94% of deaths ALL have other issues plus Coronavirus.
I'm curious as to when they say follow the science, what science? Dr Fauci has been wrong more than the weatherman. Yesterday there was no need for mask. Then it was you need a mask, Then it was you need two mask's. come on man!
National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Disease U.S. Director Dr. Anthony Fauci: "In all the history of respiratory-borne viruses of any type, asymptomatic transmission has never been the driver of outbreaks. The driver of outbreaks is ALWAYS a symptomatic person."
Now He say's you can transmit even if you are asymptomatic. The list of double speak goes on and on
All I'm saying is I am in charge of me. Don't dictate my weight, the cut of my clothes or the length of my hair.
My point was how stupid a mask mandate was!! And if they really wanted to follow the science they would make mandatory weight loss high priority but they only want mandates they like!

Last edited:
Reactions: PPG1
This is True, I know I struggle to keep my weight at 225, and would like to get even a little lower.
However if everybody wore a face shield, those poor Fat Boys wouldn't have to vacuum up all the Virus that's floating freely in the air.
And Americans must have gotten fat all at once, since this is the first time our Life Expectancy has gone down since WW2.

Good Point though---I agree!!

Bear
So you really don’t wanna follow the science ?? Because covid killed 1000’s of people who were over weight. I guess you just pick and choose which scientific mandate you like 🤷‍♀️

Purely anecdotal , but everyone I know who've contracted covid, its been from contact inside the home. And I'm worn slick with this entire back and forth on " wear a mask " vrs " don't wear a mask " .

And if you're under 60 yo, the odds of death from covid are extremely small. I'm 68 yo and I look out for myself. Its just taking personal responsibility. I've not forgotten what its like to be young and want to socialize and get out and do things. I don't want to hold younger people back on my account.

ts not that hard for me to isolate, I'm well past the age of hitting the bars, going to restaurants is not a big item for me and take out works great. I shop on-line and I can control who comes in my house and how close I come in contact with others. Doing that, I've succesfully run the gauntlet without gettng covid and now have immunity due to the vaccine. I don't get what's so hard about people taking personal responsibility and not depending upon the govt or others to look out for them.

Purely anecdotal , but everyone I know who've contracted covid, its been from contact inside the home. And I'm worn slick with this entire back and forth on " wear a mask " vrs " don't wear a mask " .
totally belive you and it's also totally different and exception from mine. some family to family but far and large member get/got it and rest of household remains neg thru that. our daughter lost taste and smell early on and positive while wife and I remained neg. by the time she lost smell and taste wife and I were completely exposed. 8 of 16 in my dept at work have had it but their family remained neg. wife had couple of stories of it running thru family but for most part her experiences are similar to mine and she is an educator and been in the school thru all of this.

totally belive you and it's also totally different and exception from mine. some family to family but far and large member get/got it and rest of household remains neg thru that. our daughter lost taste and smell early on and positive while wife and I remained neg. by the time she lost smell and taste wife and I were completely exposed. 8 of 16 in my dept at work have had it but their family remained neg. wife had couple of stories of it running thru family but for most part her experiences are similar to mine and she is an educator and been in the school thru all of this.

Purely anecdotal

Let me spell this out .......................its been my experience that my chances of getting covid are far far far greater from transmission inside the home, than from being out in pubic from someone not wearing a mask.

But that's purely anecdotal.

So you really don’t wanna follow the science ?? Because covid killed 1000’s of people who were over weight. I guess you just pick and choose which scientific mandate you like 🤷‍♀️

How many ways do you want me to say "Good Point though---I agree!!" ?? Or did you miss that closing sentence?

I had/have a total of 10 Comorbidities, and being a Fat Boy is not one of them.
I was agreeing with you about America being too overweight, and the link you added about it was interesting, to say the least.
However if you can't get the Freedom loving Cry-babies to wear a Mask to protect others, How in the heck do you think you could get them to lose 20, 40, 60, or 80 pounds??

Bear

However if you can't get the Freedom loving Cry-babies to wear a Mask to protect others, How in the heck do you think you could get them to lose 20, 40, 60, or 80 pounds??

Bear
Bear got a lot respect for you and sincerely look forward to your posts about food and simple stuff from the critters to your family and their talents.
I do love my freedoms, from eating fatty foods to gun ownership and travel as I see fit in this country. I don't want to give up any of those and I do feel like if I freely give one up without fight or protest regardless of reason then more will be taken from me.
we don't owe each other anything. human nature and upbringing dictate our actions. I have given rides to strangers that had clearly broke down. I have helped some load heavy items at lowes many times. so on and so on. I have also passed on these very same opportunities without guilt.
if I pick you up broke down on side of road and you state health problems I will gladly put my mask on and give you a shot of hand sanitizer when I drop you off.
you have earned my respect from reading your post and admiration for you skills. however if you get in calling me a cry baby for not having a mask on and telling me I owe it to you, I'll ask you to step out and wish you luck on your travels. you owe me nothing and I owe you nothing.
I'm not yelling or angry at all. im just exercising one of my freedoms which is being able to have an opinion that differs from others.

Everyone has their own opinion on everything. That's the way it should be. Everyone has the right to disagree with that opinion. That's also the way it should be. But if things get out of hand, the Mods will shut this post down.
So............before thing get too heated, I would suggest people read this Opinion Article by Rex Murphy:

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-the-cult-of-the-woke-and-its-illiberal-dogma

The key point in this article is RESPECTFUL DISCUSSION.
Just me saying.

Gary

2BFBDFCF-11DF-4C7D-A9ED-693FFC03B08F.jpeg

LOL---That's right, Don't be offended by everything.
When I say "Freedom Loving" Cry-Babies, I'm not talking about anybody in particular.
And Not all Freedom Lovers are Cry-Babies.
And Not All Cry-Babies are Freedom Lovers.

Bear

Last edited:
Dls
Everyone one is itching for an argument here. My point was meant to basically say
You do your thing and I'll do mine. If you want to quarantine that's your right. I just want to live free.
Take your time and drill through the numbers

My last post on this thread. As Chuck Berry would say "live like you want to live, ain't nobody goin stop ya"

PPG1,

First off, I'm not itching for an argument, and I don't think anyone else here is either. I simply questioned the support for the 6%/31,635 numbers you stated.

I checked the site you provided, and it's one I refer to frequently. As you know, the tables show those who died by Covid-19 only, or with the accompanying conditions of influenza and/or pneumonia. To the layman, he data is somewhat lacking in that it doesn't explicitly state that the conditions of influenza and pneumonia were diagnosed concurrent with, or subsequent to, the diagnosis of Covid-19. In any event, the occurrence of influenza and pneumonia is not uncommon and are considered somewhat as a an by product of the Covid-19 diagnosis. Prior underlying conditions, or preexisting comorbidities, are purposefully not taken into consideration here as they could be numerous and coexisting and, as such, are not referenced in the data shown, including the gunshot wounds and motorcycle accidents you mentioned.

In checking the data, I did not find any reference to the 6%/31,635 numbers and realized that must have been referring to an earlier point in time. After a quick search, I found what I believe you're referring to, which occurred over 6 months ago. On 8/29/2020, a post on Facebook made the claims you referred to percentage wise, but with a much lower total number, a little over 9,000. A later FB post the same day upped the total to your number. On 8/30/2020, on a QAnon Twitter account, a tweet was sent referencing the claims made on the FB post. One of the recipients of that tweet, D. Trump, retweeted it to over 80 million Twitter followers before Twitter removed it. From there, Laura Ingraham picked up on it and millions more got on board. It was then like the proverbial snowball rolling downhill. Needless to say, the CDC clarified the data, and disputed the claims.

So, when you say "My point was meant to basically say You do your thing and I'll do mine", why didn't you do that originally and let it go instead of posting, at best, dubious and discredited information. I certainly would have respected that and I'm sure others would have also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky