Testing out my new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Having a hard time uploading photos
Will not go to photo library on my iPhone 7
Clicking on upload from device and nothing

Last edited:
Thanks getting a nice thing blue smoke now
Just the temp is slightly high 285
Looks good, can you shut down your air intake any more to drop your temp.

Also, how are you getting your cooking chamber temp?  If you are relying on the one provided with the Smoker, there is a good chance it is not accurate.  I know the one that came on mine reads about 10 degrees below actual at 225 (reads between 210 & 215) I would check it with something more accurate.  I use a Maverick 732.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Reactions: chinanick
Looks good, can you shut down your air intake any more to drop your temp.

Also, how are you getting your cooking chamber temp?  If you are relying on the one provided with the Smoker, there is a good chance it is not accurate.  I know the one that came on mine reads about 10 degrees below actual at 225 (reads between 210 & 215) I would check it with something more accurate.  I use a Maverick 732.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

My air intake is almost closed and the exhaust is wide open like always stated.
Sadly I am using the stock gauge and I know it's not true grate temp but it was at 350 first and the I got it down by closing the exhaust half way.
I need to get a reliable gauge and I need to order the plates for it since I just checked on them and the ones closest to the fire box are getting too much heat.

My air intake is almost closed and the exhaust is wide open like always stated.
Sadly I am using the stock gauge and I know it's not true grate temp but it was at 350 first and the I got it down by closing the exhaust half way.
I need to get a reliable gauge and I need to order the plates for it since I just checked on them and the ones closest to the fire box are getting too much heat.
I would move your meat to the end away from the firebox.  What temp is the meat at?

Tuning plates will help, along with sealing up the firebox.

That is the fun of a stick burner, you get to tune it up!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Reactions: chinanick
I would move your meat to the end away from the firebox.  What temp is the meat at?
Tuning plates will help, along with sealing up the firebox.

That is the fun of a stick burner, you get to tune it up!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

I moved them all to the other side
They are at 142-145 after a hr and half
I'm am going to do 3-2-1 or 3-2-grill them
What temp should I foul then?

Thank you all in advance and ya this is my second offset and I love the challenge

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky