Teriyaki Tenderloin - SnS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Marinated a pork Tenderloin in Mr Yoshidas sauce overnight in the fridge.
DSCN1971.JPG

Had the SnS setup on the Weber with a couple of chunks of applewood. That pic didn't turn out, it was hot!
DSCN1974.JPG

Put the tenderloin and a yam wrapped i foil on when the Weber was 180º After a couple of hours the Weber temp had climbed to 230º, I pulled the loin at 148º, sliced it and plated it up with the sautéed zukes & onion, and some applesauce.
DSCN1976.JPG

Was pretty happy, thanks for lookin in. RAY

Last edited:
Those are always good , but bet the teriyaki was great on there . Nice cook .

Thank Rich, it was delicious, first tenderloin I'd done in years. Thanks for the LIke too, much appreciated. RAY

Nice ray. Looks delicious. How's that teriyaki? I see it at Sam's all the time

Thanks Jake! That sauce is our go to for all thinks teriyaki, marinating, stir fry in the wok, or dipping. It's thick and kind of syrupy with a sweet flavor, if you like teriyaki give it a shot. I remember from a post I made here maybe a month back some guy in Georgia found it for $18 a bottle, I pay $6.97 each at my local Sam's Club, I've seen it on Amazon for $30. Crazy! RAY

Reactions: TNJAKE
Pork tenderloins are great either smoked or grilled. Your plate looks great Ray!! I’d be thrilled to sit down to a meal like that.

I might just have to look for that teriyaki. I was never much of a fan, maybe it was the brand, but yours looks good!

Reactions: sawhorseray
Pork tenderloins are great either smoked or grilled. Your plate looks great Ray!! I’d be thrilled to sit down to a meal like that. I might just have to look for that teriyaki. I was never much of a fan, maybe it was the brand, but yours looks good!

Thanks Joe! I'd kind of overlooked pork tenderloins for a long time, they are easy and take the marinade and smoke well. Thanks for the Like too, much appreciated. RAY

Looks great Ray! I love doing pork tenderloins. Usually fairly cheap and delicious smoked or grilled. Will have to check out the sauce as well!

Thanks John. I'm certainly going to do tenderloins more often, pretty darned nice part of the pig. Thanks for the Like John, I appreciate it. RAY

Nice job Ray! Everything looks delicious! Al

Thanks Al, in this heat I'm keeping everything easy and all cooking is done outdoors to keep the house as cool as possible. Thanks you for the Like, I do appreciate it Al. RAY

Looks great RAY! Tenderloin is one our favorite at our house. Teriyaki is a great flavor too. Good choice of veggies . LIKE!

Thanks Travis! Zukes and onions are my go to veg, 20 minutes in the pot with one stir, perfect for me every time. I wanted asparagus for this meal originally but when I hit the grocery store it was all skinny stuff, not to my liking. RAY

Tasty looking stuff Ray!! Ya just can't hardly go wrong with a pork tenderloin. An overnight marinade probably took it over the top. The nice thing is they cook quick so less time standing over the cooker when it''s well over 100 degrees :emoji_wink: I guess great minds drink....er...uh...think alike. I did something similar last night that I may pot up. Came out really well.

Big LIKE buddy!!
Robert

Tasty looking stuff Ray!! Ya just can't hardly go wrong with a pork tenderloin. An overnight marinade probably took it over the top. The nice thing is they cook quick so less time standing over the cooker when it''s well over 100 degrees :emoji_wink: I guess great minds drink....er...uh...think alike. I did something similar last night that I may pot up. Came out really well. Big LIKE buddy!! Robert

Well thank you Robert! To be totally honest I hadn't done one in so long I had no idea as to time and temp. I went back and checked on Smokin' in AZ Smokin' in AZ John post for some guidelines, worked out perfect, yams and applesauce go with pig meat just fine for me. Thanks for the Like amigo, much appreciated. RAY

Nice job Ray, looks great. Glad my post was able to get you motivated to do a tenderloin. Sue and I always have them in the freezer....as well as turkey tenderloins also. LIKE! John

Thank you John! Your post not only motivated me but was instrumental in providing guide lines as to what to do. I hadn't done one in ages and when I did it was direct heat right over the coals. Now I'll check out turkey tenderloins, that's something Jan eats. Thanks you for the Like my friend, I do appreciate it. RAY

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Morning Ray. Afraid I just don't like teriyaki anything but stir fry. But ignoring that, your meal looks real good to me. Gary

Heck Gary, folks having different tastes and doing different cooks is part of what makes the world go around. Myself, I love just about everything teriyaki, especially steak! RAY

Thank Rich, it was delicious, first tenderloin I'd done in years. Thanks for the LIke too, much appreciated. RAY

Thanks Jake! That sauce is our go to for all thinks teriyaki, marinating, stir fry in the wok, or dipping. It's thick and kind of syrupy with a sweet flavor, if you like teriyaki give it a shot. I remember from a post I made here maybe a month back some guy in Georgia found it for $18 a bottle, I pay $6.97 each at my local Sam's Club, I've seen it on Amazon for $30. Crazy! RAY
Yes, I'm the guy from Georgia. I can't thank you enough Ray for telling me about this MR Yoshida. We've been using it 2-3 times a week for the last month. It works on everything. I get it on Amazon for $17 or $18 a bottle for the 86oz. Not too bad. Locally they only have the Teryaki flavor, not the Original Gourmet Sweet and Savory. Really appreciate the info, timing was perfect as we were getting tired of the same old same old the last 3 months.

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky