Ten Pounds Being Mixed.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Getting 10lbs of fresh ground chuck ready for some PS Seasoning #790

Might as well try the mixer. This mixer is the gear drive.
IMG_5712.JPG

2 cups cold water, 2 tsp cure 1. I add this first before the mix.
IMG_5713.JPG

Mixer did pretty good. Cover and in the fridge.
IMG_5714.jpg

This is what I use on my grinder, stuffers.
If you get on amazon you might not get the sprayer.

I get at RK, Bomgars or academy.

IMG_5709.JPG

In for the ride. I have a hakka stuffer and might want the mixer. Mixing by hand gets old.

Looks great, my hand crank mixer wont work well without a good splash of water, I add enough and don't worry about it. beats hand mixing by far

The more I read the more confused I get. Referring to the amount of liquid used. 2 cups seems like a lot vs most recipes I see.

I work for a company that has a couple kitchens and OH&S stopped at one of them and said they couldn t use their mixer anymore as it had no guards. I had the exact same old mixer at my kitchen so I had to purchase a new one to be one step ahead. About a year before that it was having issues with the on/off switch and the bakers husband was a retired electrician. He took it home and repaired it, she painted it. I asked the director what he wanted to do with the old one and he said just toss it. I took it home instead. This thing is very old and its a tank. Has a 20 L capacity bowl. I purchased a SS table and mounted the mixer to it, and its been flawless ever since.
Admittedly, its not the easiest to clean in a household kitchen sink but it gets done.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Had to break out the big guy and stuff all 10 lbs at same time.
IMG_5720.JPG

IMG_5721.jpg

These round mudbug trays come in handy.
IMG_5722.JPG

Going to room temp hang for 3 hours.
IMG_5724.JPG

Had to rig up another hanging area quick.
IMG_5723.JPG

The more I read the more confused I get. Referring to the amount of liquid used. 2 cups seems like a lot vs most recipes I see.
Right 2 cups

Perfect mix.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky