Temp and time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sure looks like you can call this one a success. Good job!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks like we have a winner! Great job Tommy Boy! Glad to see everything worked out so well. Be careful though, this is how the addiction begins...better tell the wife to lock up the checkbook and credit cards...I can practically feel your desire to hit the local meat market on your way home from picking up a shiny new BIGGER smoker...

Cheers,
Brian

Well, I can't remember seeing anyone answer this but if I missed it, sorry.

Supposedly the meats pores shut up around 140º internal and at that point adding more wood is really just for show. You look like you did a great job for a newbie. Hit that 195 to 205º range and your pork should pull with no problem.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Yeah, at 140 the smoke ring formation stops. You can still add smoke flavor.......to the point of "oversmoking", but the ring formation stops at 140.

One man's over smoking is another man's nirvana......A hunk of meat will absorb smoke flavor the entire time smoke is applied in your cook. You just have to experiment and find what you like. I personally like to smoke the whole way on most things, but tapering off from about midway or so on and never a real heavy smoke.

It looks like your butt turned out great, congrats!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky