• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Tasty and fast Meat Stix

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Nice sounds like an easy recipe.

Warren

Led Freddie

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 9, 2018
chioppine is a small pepper larger than a pepper corn. They come from arizona, northern mexico. Hot and flavorful.

siege

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 16, 2015
Great looking sticks. I never seem to buy crushed or cracked red pepper. Now, I grab some extra packets when I get pizza to go. Saved my backside last night when I made some white salsa....
Your recipe came at the perfect time, my family has been after me all month to make some snack sticks.
Thanks for the timely post,

Led Freddie

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 9, 2018
Its the same recipe i use for salami. Being its a beer snack, i kept it high but usually i reduce my salt in recipes by 50 %.

dreadylock

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 26, 2014
looks great sounds tasty i'll give this a try and let know how good. my wife will be my taste tester

Led Freddie

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 9, 2018
Making a 5 pound batch tomorrow along with 2 pounds of chorizo in umai bags. Looking forward to an alternate version of this recipe. i love that its pretty hard to really screw thing up when its this easy.

Led Freddie

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 9, 2018
20190723_112449.jpg
Chorizo loaded up into umai bags yesterday and fermenting.
Todays adventure is snother batch of meat stix.
This time 5 pounds of 60/beef 40/pork produced 24 , 10 inch sticks.
I added a little twist with an additional tbs of Italian seasoning, a 1/8 cup of honey and a 1/4 cup of balsamic.
20190722_135227.jpg

Now the smoke begins.

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011
Nice looking sausage, and congrats for making he carousel ! I may try your recipe soon. I like the way you added the balsamic vinegar to get the "tang".

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.