Taste of Grand Rapids BBQ Competition

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Actually Bill, i think there on the way home, hoping to hear from them soon, cant wait to see the new baby!
icon_eek.gif

We have to give them a jab every chance we can. Why didn't they just drive straight home, nonstop, fire it up and cook all night long.... that would be just like at a comp....
cool.gif

Bill

I hear, there is going to be an unofficial comp style cook off in the VERY near future... sure hope there is some pics... good or bad....
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

And I better see some comp style sauce on them there chicken pieces and them there ribbies.....

Bill

Burned her in today, what an absolute joy!!! We are extremley happy with the results...able to hold temps with ease first time out. Although the temp gauges on the cooker are way off, the trusty ET'S tell the true story. Can't wait to this weekends cook...will take pics.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Gotta add that the propane torch (weed burner) from harbor freight is awesome....stood back and had those logs on fire in no time flat.... thinking Bud might have a little pyromania temtations, it was too funny to see the look in his eyes!!!
biggrin.gif

Well, u just saved me a phone call!! glad to hear it went well
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
cant wait to see it up close............ and yes Bill, i'll take lots of pics
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Bub/Theresa -

Glad you are enjoying the Smoker! So Bub you were doing a Terminator impression today huh? Should have taken pictures of that too!

"You Vill enjoy the smoker!!" Debi, I did feel like the Terminator....that weed burner deal really shoots some flame!

How's the vault smoker doing?

When are you and Jesse coming to visit?

bud

Bud and Theresa wish I could be there with you for the maiden cook, hope everything comes out great and lets some some pictures.

I can see Bud cooking hotdogs at 20 feet! LOL

You be careful with that thing now!

Loving the Smoke Vault but out of room to store anything else. Wish I could do some visiting but I just started a new job about 6 weeks ago (THANK GOD) and won't be going to far for awhile. I was supposed to go to Illinois for a class in June but it may be canceled. Sure would like to see you christen that beast though!

I have to try to get there! Show my support for fellow Michagander's. Besides I would grt to meet some of the folks here that have helped me , and there will be some BBQQQQQQQ!!!!!!!! Good luck !!!

If it weren't so far, I would come just to taste the sauce, the brisket and the chicken.... just to make sure it was ok....
icon_wink.gif

I hear thru the grapevine that you have an inside coach... anything to it???

Bill

Lol....I could tell you, but I'd have to.......
icon_razz.gif

All kidding aside I wish you could make it, gets awefull hot down there in them parts in July, take a break from the heat and head on up north for a spell.
tongue.gif

I love the logo! Being of Scotch descent (or do I just like decent Scotch?), I can appreciate the kilts. Reminds me of a line from an old song...

"I wonder what Scotty's got under his kilt
A Lang, A Lang..."

Sorry, couldn't resist.
redface.gif

Anyway, I wish I could get out that way for the event and meet you folks, but the weekend before, we'll be in Carlisle, PA for the All Chrysler Nationals... two weekends in a row = too much traveling and not enough vacation time. We will be deep frying turkeys for our car club feast however...

Good luck and have a great time!

ROFLMAO.
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif
Good one Phil. Thanks, and when you visit with your sis make sure to give us a call.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

BTW...what are the ALL Chysler Nationals??

The ACN is an all Chrysler product car show at the Carlisle Fairgrounds, held every year. Our car club meets there every year, we have a HUGE cookout and just simply have a blast.

I will certainly be in touch when we get out that way!

Sounds like the Michigan chapter of the SMF will be takin over Grand Rapids for the weekend
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Look forward to seeing and meeting you all. Guess we better plan on more food and a BIGGER cooler!
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

Bubba, what are you puttin in that cooler? If I can make it down I would be happy to donatioin or 24 just name your flavor!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky