Taste of Grand Rapids BBQ Competition

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
i believe i am going to make it for the Michigan get together as well..lol

i think i am working in Wisconsin that weekend but i am sure that i can take a mini vacation around that area...

I wonder if the team member are starting to get a little butterflied in the stomach yet abt their first comp....

It will be here and gone before they know it. I suppose they have been a little busy with the new smoker and getting the bugs worked out to worry about us and keeping us up to date.... Oh well, one day they will remember us.....
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

Bill

Your killing me Bill. Sorry, things have been a bit crazy between work, family, grandbaby's
biggrin.gif
and trying get ready for comps....mind you I'm not complaing!!

Butterflies????
bfly3nn7.gif
I'm sure I have no idea what your talking about.
icon_mrgreen.gif
butrfly4qe0.gif

wink.gif
Was that our Theresa?????

I know you are busy with all that is going on... but I just had to throw a jab your way while I could.

I am sure you are getting a little antsy for the upcoming get together as well as the comp., but you will be fine. Just remember, go have fun, go and meet everyone, and just get your feet wet. You will be fine.

Go show them how the newbies do it.....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Bill

Alittle more than 6 weeks to the MI Chapter of SMF get together. Hope the practices are tasting great T! Have Bib, Will Travel To Drool!
PDT_Armataz_01_42.gif

Sounds great Geoff !!! The last turn in is Sat at 1:00pm (well be pretty busy during turn in times), so the party starts at 1:01pm
biggrin.gif
Should be plenty of food being that were doing 2 briskets, 2 butts, 6 racks of ribs and 20+ chicken thighs......just bring what your drinking.
icon_smile.gif

Looking foward to meeting everyone !!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Well, a little over 3 weeks away and i'm getting pretty geeked
PDT_Armataz_01_08.gif
Heading over to Bud n Tonto's next weekend for another dry run, sounds like they had a good practice run at the gathering. Just wondering what Mich. members are still thinking about coming by, I'd like to have some grub for all you traveling folks, and maybe a "pop" or 2.....
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
Look forward to meeting everybody that can make it, i am planning on staying Sat. after turn in to celebrate.

The wife and myself are definitely going to show with camera and video and trying to get our son who lives there to join us.

This will be a great event....
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

Well, over at Bud,s & Tontos doing a practice cook, got a brisket, 2 pork butts, 3 BB,s, and 14 thighs rubbed and brined, bud,s starting the smoker in about 15 min,s and well start smoking about 11:00, try to keep ya posted and hopefully have some pics tomorrow
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Bubba,Bud,Tonto
Just got home from work and im sure I smell smoke! Good Luck on the all nighter practice run..couldnt have got a better night for it crystal clear and cool..Im sure that Lang is seasoned pretty well by now. Hope to see it soon..Talk to ya'll in the mornin...Lets see some pic's!!!

well, i made it home after a long drive and an all nite smoke, practice went well, learned a few things but i think were ready!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Here's pics of our turn in boxes, tonto was the artist on these.......

Glad you made it home safe and sound Bubba. Bet were all gonna sleep good tonight!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Funny how different camera's show different colors. For instance here is a pic of the chicken I took with my camera and it doesn't look quite as dark as it does with yours....All in all I agree with you, learned a few things with the timing and I think we can solve the "skin issue".....will dream on it tonight
biggrin.gif
Also definitley need to buy more greens.

1000750vd7.jpg

Bud, Theresa, & Steve that looks super! I'd give ya good scores on it... I think I can smell it all the way down here. Keep up the hard work and thanks for sharing.

Keep Smokin

Thanks for the kind words Joe. Means alot.
icon_wink.gif
Got any more of that incredible smoked Ham??? Bud and Lori had it gobbled down before we even got to St Louis!!!
icon_mad.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky