Tappecue Airprobe 2 Misfire?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2011
Everett, WA
Finally found the Tappacue probe that my wife "misplaced". Charged it up and went thru the App set up. Don't have the receiver unit, as it said it could just bluetooth with my phone.
Well, to put it mildly, unless I'm doing something severely wrong, I'm not too impressed.
Doesn't seem to be able to transmit the 15' from inside my Weber kettle on the deck to the kitchen table. Kept having the alarm go off over and over saying that it was disconnected. which it kept doing. But the alarm would go off even when the App said it WAS connected. Couldn't make it stop, so I finally had to uninstall the app on my phone.

Anyone have one of these who tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I have them and haven't had issues going BT to my phone. My question is do you have an older phone? I have seen a few folks that are on older BT version and they have had issues but I know some have contacted their support and they have resolved it.

I have one that had the same issue. I uninstalled. And reloaded the app. And started working fine. Also, make sure it is fully charged. I've used it in my kettle and would be about 100'away with no issue.

I have them and haven't had issues going BT to my phone. My question is do you have an older phone? I have seen a few folks that are on older BT version and they have had issues but I know some have contacted their support and they have resolved it.
Galaxy 7 Edge, so not that old. Reinstalled the app and still had the same issue.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky