Tappaque Touch or Fireboard 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tripleq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 13, 2016
S Florida (Jupiter)
Ive had both the originals, I got the Tappaque when it first came out with the 4 probe setup and a year or so later the fireboard with 6 probes came out so I gave my son the tappaque and I bought the fireboard. fast forward a couple of years and the fireboard is Kaputzed. Its out of warranty but Id expect something that expensive to last at least a few years...
So Im back looking and both Tappaque and fireboard have new models. Im a little gun shy about the Fireboard tho.

What say you?

Reactions: jcoleman66
Not familiar with those brands but Why not look into the inkbird, pretty inexpensive and they work great.

Well I own 3 inkbirds with wifi and use them to monitor and control my fermentation process. I would describe them as rudimentary, they are kludgy but adequate for that process but (in my opinion) are not in the same class as either the Tapaque or Fireboard. I went ahead and bought the new Tapaque and out of the box started having issues with the hardware and returned it and bought the Fireboard. I've been using it for two months now and Im happy with it. The fit N finish is superior and the software is easy to work with.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky