Tandoori Style Wings!! (Thanks Disco)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, I was here on the forum recently and seen a post by disco disco on his Tandoori Chicken Wings. These sounded real tasty. So, we made a go of these thanks to him posting his recipe.

I want to share our cook, but not going to get into a lot of details as the thread he posted was top notch!

So, here we go....

We mixed up the marinade and tossed in the wings.

AC7CFDB4-45E9-448D-A5FF-0E8D65A2A8FD.jpeg

I should have been better prepared at this point, I would have liked to have marinaded these longer.. but they were in there for bout 4 hours.

Started up the GMG, as it was coming up to temp we took the wings out of the marinade. Put them on, turned a couple times.

Here is what we ended up with.

AD12268B-A79B-4E7E-90CC-0B70F16A4E0B.jpeg

D2BE51C4-8700-4D8E-8352-31DB5E695278.jpeg

A56F52B6-6A17-409F-BF84-D0CF3F9D6D9D.jpeg

These were very tasty, the fam loved them. My kiddos are already requesting more. If you like this type of seasoning, give these a go! You will be glad you did! Thanks again Disco for a great recipe. As I stated above, I wanted to share our cook, but did not want to get into a lot of detail as Disco thread was top notch. So, for those interested, here is his thread we followed.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/tandoori-chicken-wings.283140/

Thanks for looking all!

Last edited:
Looks great. I marinate overnight but if we are not organized, a Vac-Tumbler for 1 hour gives the same result. Todd at A-Maze-N had Tumblers at a great time price...JJ

Looks great. I marinate overnight but if we are not organized, a Vac-Tumbler for 1 hour gives the same result. Todd at A-Maze-N had Tumblers at a great time price...JJ

Thanks Chef, ya know I have a tumbler from Todd! Wish I had thought about using it, for sure will next time.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Seeing all these Tandoori chicken threads are making me wanting to try this.

I have had it at Indian restaurant's, but never thought about making my own until now.

Just Found this one, and it looks Awesome!!
I could stand a few of them right now!!
Like.

Bear

Seeing all these Tandoori chicken threads are making me wanting to try this.

I have had it at Indian restaurant's, but never thought about making my own until now.

Give it a try, I think you'd like these... we sure did.

We usually do basic wings around here, but after seeing yours and Discos that's gonna change.

Point for sure
Chris

We usually do basic wings around here, but after seeing yours and Discos that's gonna change.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris, I think you'll enjoy these! Appreciate the point too!

Hey all, I was here on the forum recently and seen a post by disco disco on his Tandoori Chicken Wings. These sounded real tasty. So, we made a go of these thanks to him posting his recipe.

I want to share our cook, but not going to get into a lot of details as the thread he posted was top notch!

So, here we go....

We mixed up the marinade and tossed in the wings.

View attachment 389916

I should have been better prepared at this point, I would have liked to have marinaded these longer.. but they were in there for bout 4 hours.

Started up the GMG, as it was coming up to temp we took the wings out of the marinade. Put them on, turned a couple times.

Here is what we ended up with.

View attachment 389917

View attachment 389918

View attachment 389919

These were very tasty, the fam loved them. My kiddos are already requesting more. If you like this type of seasoning, give these a go! You will be glad you did! Thanks again Disco for a great recipe. As I stated above, I wanted to share our cook, but did not want to get into a lot of detail as Disco thread was top notch. So, for those interested, here is his thread we followed.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/tandoori-chicken-wings.283140/

Thanks for looking all!
Thanks so much for the generous words!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky