Talk me out of it......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
With all the griddle cooks Y'all been posting its got me wanting a griddle to add to the mix. Give me you opinion on this. I'm really not sure how much I'd use it. And IF I dont like it im only out a $100. I know, I might want a bigger one later. But its only 3 of us and I think this might be a good start. So, hit me with a yes or no!

Jim

Jim, let’s go…. at the bottom is a flat top griddle! 😉😂

D55A76CE-C453-417F-B2A7-EB40B87EF444.jpeg

4.7 stars is pretty good but I always read the one star reviews and they're not so good.

Also, I would want a thick griddle to cook on - to eliminate hot spots. Not sure how thick that griddle is. The griddle I use is 3/8 inch thick commercial cast aluminum - too bad they don't make them anymore.

Finally, I love my propane range in the kitchen because you can SEE the flame. I think most chefs own gas ranges in their kitchens. But I know from cooking on camp stoves that it's really hard to see the flame when you're using a griddle on it outside. And then there's the wind problem - you want to cook low to give you control over the cook, but a gust of wind comes along and blows out your flame. So you light it and increase the flame so it will stop blowing out and then your food over-cooks.

Good luck

Reactions: JLeonard
I bought my griddle wondering if it was worth it. Would I use it enough? Now that I have one, I am wondering if I over spent on my kitchen stove? :emoji_laughing:

I quickly came to love cooking on the griddle as it goes quickly and if you manage your griddle properly, everyone gets served at the same time.

I have the 36" griddle and I am very glad that I got that size flat top. I usually cook for just me and my wife and you can get a full meal on the 36" which saves a lot of time.

My biggest question about a flat top griddle is why the HELL did it take me so long to get one? I will never go back.

Hope this helps.

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: JLeonard
4.7 stars is pretty good but I always read the one star reviews and they're not so good.

Also, I would want a thick griddle to cook on - to eliminate hot spots. Not sure how thick that griddle is. The griddle I use is 3/8 inch thick commercial cast aluminum - too bad they don't make them anymore.

Finally, I love my propane range in the kitchen because you can SEE the flame. I think most chefs own gas ranges in their kitchens. But I know from cooking on camp stoves that it's really hard to see the flame when you're using a griddle on it outside. And then there's the wind problem - you want to cook low to give you control over the cook, but a gust of wind comes along and blows out your flame. So you light it and increase the flame so it will stop blowing out and then your food over-cooks.

Good luck
There are only 2% one stars, there will always be some. And they all seem like they were defective when they got it. It's returnable. So looks awesome to me.

Hopefully it'll get delivered early enough I can get it seasoned and get a cook in on it.

Jim

Reactions: JC in GB
Thanks for the heads up JLeonard JLeonard … pulled the trigger… enabler… now just waiting til spring to try it out…. enabler… with the way our winter is going, that’ll be bout August! 🤣

So my conclusion is this site has more than one enabler…. There are actually a good handful and YOU who are guilty know who you are! 😉

Thanks for the heads up JLeonard JLeonard … pulled the trigger… enabler… now just waiting til spring to try it out…. enabler… with the way our winter is going, that’ll be bout August! 🤣

So my conclusion is this site has more than one enabler…. There are actually a good handful and YOU who are guilty know who you are! 😉

You don't want to be the uncool guy on the thread without a flat top do you?
:emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:

You don't want to be the uncool guy on the thread without a flat top do you?
:emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:

Well, I’m a horizontally challenged redneck… so not sure how cool that is… but with this new flat top… Um… I’ll still be a horizontally challenged redneck… but now I’ll have a flat top! 😂

Now I fit in with all the cool kids! 😉

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky