Sweet and Savory Stuffed Pork Chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Reactions: jaxgatorz
Thank you Jeff, the stuffing really made these chops.
I like my variety too, try to keep it from getting boring.
My wife and MiL don't experiment or try new recipes too often, so I have to.

They sound like my wife. But I'm more a flounderer in the kitchen.
Stuff I like and make nobody wants to try. :(

They sound like my wife. But I'm more a flounderer in the kitchen.
Stuff I like and make nobody wants to try. :(
You should try getting my two youngest kids to eat something new.
Ages 9 and 12.... Grrrrrr!
I just baked two pans of a new dessert, Apple Cinnamon Strudel Cake.
What do I get? While making a face/sneer, "What' that stuff? What's in it? Why'd you make that?"
Finally get them to try it, now it's half gone.

Last edited:
"Heck Yeah!!!"
All looks Fantastic, John!!
You must be feeding about a Platoon!!
Mums the word on that other Pic!
Nice Job!
Like.

BTW: You got anything on the making of the Smashed Taters?

Bear

Last edited:
"Heck Yeah!!!"
All looks Fantastic, John!!
You must be feeding about a Platoon!!
Mums the word on that other Pic!
Nice Job!
Like.

BTW: You got anything on the making of the Smashed Taters?

Bear
Hey, thanks John.
Yeah, I cook for seven people, five adults and two sassy midgets.
And I like my leftovers too, Mmmmm good.

My prior recipe on the Smashed Taters were boiled in water and oven baked.
I followed @zippy12 's recipe using the chicken broth and liked it.
And smoking them too, they took on a pretty intense smoke flavor.
I'd suggest limiting the smoke on them.
Really good with some roasted garlic or sour cream and bacon.

Looks like I missed this somehow chili! Been a bit busy with our fattie contest and then the clean up.

Looks awesome! I’d eat that once a week! Wife hates pork chops so I don’t eat them as much as I’d like to! But I might try this on my own!

Fine job,
Scott

Looks like I missed this somehow chili! Been a bit busy with our fattie contest and then the clean up.

Looks awesome! I’d eat that once a week! Wife hates pork chops so I don’t eat them as much as I’d like to! But I might try this on my own!

Fine job,
Scott
Thank you for the compliment and Like Scott, much appreciated.

How'd the Fattie Contest go, am I missing seeing a thread on it?
Bet there was some great creativity, I can only imagine the eats were excellent.

Not a problem chili! I love stuffed chops & those look top notch!

Fattie Contest was really good! I put up a post Monday I believe. Over 20 fatties total and some of the best briskets I’ve ever made. Went really well. Thanks for asking. Some unreal fatties I’ve never seen before. Search ”Fattie 2018” whenever you get a minute. I think you’ll appreciate some of the pics.

Scott

Badda boom badda bing that there is a wonderful thing. Vittles look finger licking

HECK YEAH, Chile! Noob question for you: How long and at what (approx) temp did you smoke those delicious-looking stuffed chops?

Also, thanks for the awesome sounding cauliflower recipe!

HECK YEAH, Chile! Noob question for you: How long and at what (approx) temp did you smoke those delicious-looking stuffed chops?

Also, thanks for the awesome sounding cauliflower recipe!
Thanks, glad you like it.

Pork chops cook fast so I try to keep the temp down (200°-225°) so as to get a full hour and half (1.5hrs) or more of smoke.
Internal Temp is everything when it comes to lean pork, I don't want to go any higher than an IT of 120° in the smoker so I can finish to 140°-145° on a scorching hot grill.
For these monstrously thick chops cooking time averages 1.5-1.75 hours smoke and 5-10 minutes per side on the grill.

The cauliflower was good, I liked it but like I said before, most of the family found the flavors too strange/exotic.
I added salt to mine and it seemed to smooth out or bring balance to the flavors.
I may do these again but put them on skewers and roast them on the grill, a tiny bit more like actual Tandoori cooking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky