Sweet a$$ knife sharpner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cooknhogz

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
NW , Pa.
WOW, I'm impressed wifie bought me a ChefsChoice 120 knife sharpener for Xmas and it works killer. I had about 5 Victorinox fibrox boning knifes that I didn't use that much anymore because the blades where so bad from years of improper sharpening. There is 3  stages to this sharpener and by the time each knife got to stage 3 they had a better/sharper blade than when I bought them new and there not by far a cheep knife. No more jacked up knife blades in this house. Happy Holidays my BBQ peeps.

I have had one of those for a few years now, I love it!  nothing worse than a dull knife when your trying to bone out a case of butts or a deer!  I would  recommend a chef choice sharpener to anyone!

Congrats! Love mine...JJ

Thats a real nice gift...I just do mine by hand on a stone..
That's what I do too & finish up on a piece of cowhide... 
a37.gif

I have an old 3 stage.  They were much cheaper back when?

I like to use only the last two stages.  First stage takes off a lot of metal and totally reshapes the knife.

I don't use them for my best knives.  Only for secondary knives.

Good luck and good smoking.

I use a three stage also, but also use a 2 sided stone if time.  Used to use a professional meatroom knife sharpener:

You can quickly turn quality knives into chicken-boners though:

It Really takes a light, delicate touch to sharpen successfully with one, but as professional meatcutters you learn quickly, or get fired.

I use a three stage also, but also use a 2 sided stone if time.  Used to use a professional meatroom knife sharpener:

It Really takes a light, delicate touch to sharpen successfully with one, but as professional meatcutters you learn quickly, or get fired.
That is the same kind of sharpener i have in my cutting room Pops....great piece of equipment to get an edge quickly, but you are right it can also damage them if you are not careful.

As for the chicken stickers ...I had a guy that worked for me that after awhile kept sticken himself with his knife...looked just like those above. I told him to change his knife cause the tip was so thin that it was hard to see. He looked at me like i was stupid...well....after 5 or 6 more jabs to his fingers he finally exchanged it for a new knife on my day off; hoping i wouldnt notice he took my advice.I didnt say anything for a week then asked " Guess I'm not as dumb as you look huh?" His reply was "grumble,grumble".
icon_redface.gif

A sharp knife is a beautiful thing!

A dull knife sharpened to a razors edge is a work of art!

SOB

Looked like my collection Pops but now they have been reborn with my ChefsChoice I love this thing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky