• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Swedish Potato Sausage

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Joined Sep 28, 2018
Made some Swedish potato sausage this weekend. I haven't made it for a few years.

I used a very old family recipe for the sausage. Just pork, potatoes, onions, salt and black pepper. Stuffed into hog casings and cooked before bagging and freezing.

I was too busy to take a lot of pics but I did get one of a 9 lb sausage rope.

I have made this sausage in the past but this time around I had the benefit of knowledge and experience from Smoking Meat forums. It really helped up my game.

This sausage has turned out in my top 3 of all time.

potato sausage.jpg
:emoji_cat:

JC

indaswamp

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
Very nice JC! I've never heard of this Swedish sausage. Looks interesting....How is it normally eaten?

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Joined Sep 28, 2018
Very nice JC! I've never heard of this Swedish sausage. Looks interesting....How is it normally eaten?
It is usually eaten for breakfast. Just bring it up to temp in hot water then remove the casing.

A potato sausage with some eggs and toast and you have an A1 breakfast.

It is pretty much a pork hash in a sausage casing. Simple but very tasty.

JC :emoji_cat:

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Beautiful coil JC, really a nice piece of work, Like! I see in Rytec's book he makes a very similar sausage with porkbutt and lean beef. RAY

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
This has been on my list for years but I forget about it until one of the guys here makes some...JJ

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.