Swedish Potato Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
Made some Swedish potato sausage this weekend. I haven't made it for a few years.

I used a very old family recipe for the sausage. Just pork, potatoes, onions, salt and black pepper. Stuffed into hog casings and cooked before bagging and freezing.

I was too busy to take a lot of pics but I did get one of a 9 lb sausage rope.

I have made this sausage in the past but this time around I had the benefit of knowledge and experience from Smoking Meat forums. It really helped up my game.

This sausage has turned out in my top 3 of all time.

potato sausage.jpg
:emoji_cat:

JC

Very nice JC! I've never heard of this Swedish sausage. Looks interesting....How is it normally eaten?

It is usually eaten for breakfast. Just bring it up to temp in hot water then remove the casing.

A potato sausage with some eggs and toast and you have an A1 breakfast.

It is pretty much a pork hash in a sausage casing. Simple but very tasty.

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: indaswamp
Beautiful coil JC, really a nice piece of work, Like! I see in Rytec's book he makes a very similar sausage with porkbutt and lean beef. RAY

Reactions: JC in GB
This has been on my list for years but I forget about it until one of the guys here makes some...JJ

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky