SV Ribeye Caps and Boneless Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hunter rose

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 7, 2015
Plano, TX
My last meat pic of 2019. New Years Eve steak... Perfectly cooked Medium Rare 132 degrees. 3 Ribeye Caps and 6 Boneless Beef Ribs - Sous Vide for 3 hours and Reverse Seared on the Smoker. These ribeye caps are some of the best steaks I have ever had. Thank you to the cow for participating at such a high level. Happy New Year everyone... can't wait for 2020.
SV Ribeye Cap2 12312019.jpg Boneless Rib 12312019.jpg SV Ribeye Cap 12312019.jpg

I see the ribeye caps at Costco all the time. They sure look pretty, can’t figure out why I haven’t tried em. I will now!

I see the ribeye caps at Costco all the time. They sure look pretty, can’t figure out why I haven’t tried em. I will now!
That was my first with the ribeye caps... delicious. They are actually thinner strips of ribeye bound together with butchers twine. I did Jaccard them just in case.

Reactions: 73saint
BTW, the Costco Ribeye Caps in Prime are wonderful. I also made the Choice boneless ribs at the same time. The boneless ribs had all the taste, but slightly chewier. Had we not eaten them side by side with the ribeye, we would have thought they were fantastic, but they have to be lowered to really, really good in comparison. Was it the rib meat or was it the downgrade to Choice? Not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 73saint
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky