SV Cooker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
I'm going to try out SV and have been looking at the different cookers. The Anovas look to be a bit pricey so I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the Inkbird ISV-200W. I'm trying to figure out if the clip is removable... I'm thinking it's not but I can't seem to find a concrete answer. Also, if anyone here has that particular model are there any reasons you don't like it?? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: JLeonard
I dont have either of those models. But I do love my SV. Its a basic model, the name of which escapes me at the moment. But it do turn out of some good stuff.

Jim

Reactions: mr_whipple
Is the 200 watt gonna be enough? Take a long time to heat up I would think.

I have the ISV-100 and it does not look removable with out taking a chance on breaking it. It is a big unit but works very well. Why would you need to remove it?

It's a 1000 watt model. The model number is a bit misleading.

I have the ISV-100 and it does not look removable with out taking a chance on breaking it. It is a big unit but works very well. Why would you need to remove it?
I was looking at the ability to say put it thru a hole in a cooler lid or something other than clipping it to the side of what ever vessel I would use. Seen a few videos etc of folks with the Anovas (I think) that had removable clips and I just thought that would make for a very flexible tool to be used in multiple ways.

Both the ISV-100 and 200 are 1000 watts, plenty good for everything I have thrown at them.

The opening on the clip is about 1", you could get more by shaving down the rubber pad or a spot on the cooler. Below is a pic of mine on an old igloo cooler with out any modification. Even without mods the water would be above the min level.
IMG_4668.jpg
IMG_4669.jpg

It's a 1000 watt model. The model number is a bit misleading.

I was looking at the ability to say put it thru a hole in a cooler lid or something other than clipping it to the side of what ever vessel I would use. Seen a few videos etc of folks with the Anovas (I think) that had removable clips and I just thought that would make for a very flexible tool to be used in multiple ways.
Whoops my bad, should have looked it up and read it. I do have the Anova I linked. I do put that down thru hole in container. IMG_20230217_092609.jpg

I'm going to try out SV and have been looking at the different cookers. The Anovas look to be a bit pricey so I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the Inkbird ISV-200W. I'm trying to figure out if the clip is removable... I'm thinking it's not but I can't seem to find a concrete answer. Also, if anyone here has that particular model are there any reasons you don't like it?? Thanks in advance.
I had to dig mine out, but i don't think the clip is removeable.The times I've used it has been flawless. I didn't buy a fancy container. Just the Inkbird clipped to a large stock pot. my first cook was 12 hours and the water didn't go down. I just used a gallon plastic bag with air removed. Cooked at 131. it was my first SV but the meat ended up perfect. The cooking times on google scared me a little, but there were plenty on here that provided tips.

Reactions: clifish
I had to dig mine out, but i don't think the clip is removeable.The times I've used it has been flawless. I didn't buy a fancy container. Just the Inkbird clipped to a large stock pot. my first cook was 12 hours and the water didn't go down. I just used a gallon plastic bag with air removed. Cooked at 131. it was my first SV but the meat ended up perfect. The cooking times on google scared me a little, but there were plenty on here that provided tips.
I use a stock pot all the time as well as an SV container. Cooler would be used for a very large cook/heat such as a brisket.

holy sh#t. how long would a brisket SV take?
haha, not on a cook but for warming back up when cooked well in advance. Some people will also make massive amounts of PP a week ahead of a party, freeze and then warm up numerous pounds the day or serving.

I've got an off brand unit I picked up on prime day for 24 bucks. I just use a stockpot. I do have a screw on bracket that holds it on to the edge of a container that the unit just slides through, so could be used through a lid I suppose. I love mine, no issues. CPCOK is the brand, I've done every thing from cheese cakes to infused bourbons to rib roasts.

Coupon? How do I get that?

Whoops my bad, should have looked it up and read it. I do have the Anova I linked. I do put that down thru hole in container.View attachment 658006
No worries but that set up is one of the reasons I wondered about the removable clip.

That's interesting but for the money I was thinking of repurposing an old cooler.

I've got an off brand unit I picked up on prime day for 24 bucks. I just use a stockpot. I do have a screw on bracket that holds it on to the edge of a container that the unit just slides through, so could be used through a lid I suppose. I love mine, no issues. CPCOK is the brand, I've done every thing from cheese cakes to infused bourbons to rib roasts.
Infused bourbon? Stop.... one rabbit hole at a time!

Wait until you go down the cheese cake rabbit hole! The wife thinks I've lost my mind, but she sure loves the results!
I love cheesecake, but "fat me" is gone and not coming back if I can help it. I am curious how one makes SV cheesecake so I will read up on it.

Reactions: kawboy and JLeonard
Coupon? How do I get that?

No worries but that set up is one of the reasons I wondered about the removable clip.

That's interesting but for the money I was thinking of repurposing an old cooler.

Infused bourbon? Stop.... one rabbit hole at a time!
when I bring up that Amazon link there is a check box that says 30% off

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky