SV Chucky 50 hours. (More Tender than Prime Rib!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great, Bear.. I will be back later. I've got to get on amazon and get me a darn SV and an air fryer. This place has cost me a bunch of money over the last decade. But I wouldn't want to change a thing !! :emoji_sunglasses:

looks excellent bear, looks like the making of some good meals at the den the next few days.

Thank You Jim!!
Yup, We got some awesome Sammies for a few days on this Tender Beef!!
Even Mrs Bear was eating leftovers with this one!!!
And Thanks for the Like.
Sammies being posted Soon!!

Bear

I put another Chucky in the sous vide pot yesterday at round noon Bear, should be good for tomorrows dinner. I already had it seasoned with MSS before I put the bag in freezer, and I couldn't find that onion soup mix anyway. I'm not gonna post it, no sense beating a dead horse. I'll tell you one thing tho Bear, the next time I see Chuckey's come on sale I'll be stocking up! RAY

I put another Chucky in the sous vide pot yesterday at round noon Bear, should be good for tomorrows dinner. I already had it seasoned with MSS before I put the bag in freezer, and I couldn't find that onion soup mix anyway. I'm not gonna post it, no sense beating a dead horse. I'll tell you one thing tho Bear, the next time I see Chuckey's come on sale I'll be stocking up! RAY

You should post it !!
Horses don't mind this kind of a Beating!!!
And Bears Love to see it !!

Bear

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks great, Bear.. I will be back later. I've got to get on amazon and get me a darn SV and an air fryer. This place has cost me a bunch of money over the last decade. But I wouldn't want to change a thing !! :emoji_sunglasses:

Thank You Mike!!
You won't be sorry!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Wow Bear that looks amazing. Such an easy method you have posted, love the idea of the powdered soup. Bookmarked.

Looks like I am going to have to get an SV setup now.

Even just finished dinner, you make me hungry Bear!

I did one last week, used a seasoning mix of salt, pepper, garlic, onion, rosemary, thyme, and oregano ... 50 hrs at 131 ... came out a perfect medium rare, and fantastic flavor ...but texture more like a good steak, not nearly as tender as yours. Guessing it may be the chucky itself ... just run of the mill at the chain supermarket. Will have to look for a better quality cut next time. Have a couple more of these, may try increasing the time, and maybe a few degrees. Let you know later this week.

Great info, Bear! Big like. I have to talk She Who Must Be Obeyed into letting me get one.

Wow Bear that looks amazing. Such an easy method you have posted, love the idea of the powdered soup. Bookmarked.

Looks like I am going to have to get an SV setup now.

Thank You Jabiru!!
You won't be Sorry!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Even just finished dinner, you make me hungry Bear!

I did one last week, used a seasoning mix of salt, pepper, garlic, onion, rosemary, thyme, and oregano ... 50 hrs at 131 ... came out a perfect medium rare, and fantastic flavor ...but texture more like a good steak, not nearly as tender as yours. Guessing it may be the chucky itself ... just run of the mill at the chain supermarket. Will have to look for a better quality cut next time. Have a couple more of these, may try increasing the time, and maybe a few degrees. Let you know later this week.

Thank You "I" !!!
I think 50 hours is about the best we can do. I believe I lucked out on the Chucky itself, because it was so Tender, and if you look at my first picture you can see how well marbled it is for a Chain Supermarket CAB Chunk. I also think anywhere between 131° and 134° is about perfect on these Chucks.

Bear

Thank You "I" !!!
I think 50 hours is about the best we can do. I believe I lucked out on the Chucky itself, because it was so Tender, and if you look at my first picture you can see how well marbled it is for a Chain Supermarket CAB Chunk. I also think anywhere between 131° and 134° is about perfect on these Chucks.

Bear
Well, probably going to toss another in tomorrow, so we shall see. I know it does take a lot longer for breakdown at these lower temps. And not sure you can ever ‘overcook’ since holding that temp. I may experiment at 60 hr - if I can restrain myself that long!

Well, probably going to toss another in tomorrow, so we shall see. I know it does take a lot longer for breakdown at these lower temps. And not sure you can ever ‘overcook’ since holding that temp. I may experiment at 60 hr - if I can restrain myself that long!

They say Too Long will produce Mushy Meat.
However to me that is Hearsay, because it hasn't happened to me yet. :emoji_laughing:

Bear

I sous vide a Boston butt for 60 hours to make pulled pork, rubbed and smoked for 2 hrs first. Then scraped with a fork to shred it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky