SV Balls Really Do Work Well

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
I decided to test out another SV gadget.... namely SV balls. These are 3/4" and are very thick. They really work great, in fact you can set your hand right on top of the balls and not feel any heat at all. My Rubbermaid container has a lid with a cutout for my circulator, but for anything else I now have another option. These should work great for my Coleman Party Stacker Cooler.

AbS06Oj.jpg

Reactions: chopsaw
Evaporation is the main thing those Balls stop.
It works just like a Lid. If you have a lid on your set-up, you don't need them.
My Sous Vide Supreme has a lid, and I never have to add any water.

Bear

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
Evaporation is the main thing those Balls stop.
It works just like a Lid. If you have a lid on your set-up, you don't need them.
My Sous Vide Supreme has a lid, and I never have to add any water.

Bear
Same here with my Everlie hot tub. Water level never drops. The lid also cuts a bit back on heat loss, but the immersion heater just works less than it would otherwise. Even if it had to run full tilt boogie for a 50 hour cook iTS only a few bucks of power ...

Same here with my Everlie hot tub. Water level never drops. The lid also cuts a bit back on heat loss, but the immersion heater just works less than it would otherwise. Even if it had to run full tilt boogie for a 50 hour cook iTS only a few bucks of power ...
I never thought about cost per hour, and I do have an AC line splitter that lets me use my clamp meter to measure amps. I'll have to dig that out on my next SV cook.

I never thought about cost per hour, and I do have an AC line splitter that lets me use my clamp meter to measure amps. I'll have to dig that out on my next SV cook.

That would be interesting.
I have no idea how much mine runs because it makes absolutely No Sound.
It just keeps it between 0.2 below & 0.2 above the set-point.

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky