Surpise

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crankbolt

Original poster
Jul 7, 2017

So thinking it was going to takes at least 10 hrs to smoke this 12 lb brisket, I get up at 4:30 to get the smoker ready. I get the meat on at 5:30... The family is not a fan of huge bark so I low smoke at 250 for 3 hrs. It did hit 275 1 time and I cured that quickly. I wrap in and put my probe in set to 205.... at just before 12 my alarm goes off. I open it and move my probe around checking temp it reads between 205 and 207. I get my instant read....same thing. I check it and there is no resistance and flaked the meat and its done. I have had it in a cooler for 3 hrs and still reads 164.... is this a normal cook time for this size brisket 6 hrs seemed just a little fast. Well the bend test and first cut will tell me the results... pics to follow

So my first Brisket...was freaked when a 11-12 lb cooking in 6 hours. I put it into a cooler and let it set for over 4 hrs. Was still at 150 degrees when I cut it open. Beautiful smoke ring. The point end was spot on fork tender. The flat end passed the bend test but not as juicy....but the drippins in the foil pack made for some excellent dipping sauce. Dribble a lil bit over the meat and it was insanely  delicious... All in all a great Sunday Smoke.... give kudos to all who all on this forum. The information I have read and followed made this a success.... Smoke On Guys & Gals!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky