Surf & Surf (Lone Bear Supper)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Surf & Surf (Lone Bear Supper)

This is a Meal that Mrs Bear never joins me with (No Fish of any kind), but I Still Love It !!!
I have my Best Fish results from my #360 Air Fryer, but my Scallops need to be Pan Fried to get my favorite Buttery flavor.
So I cut a Catfish Fillet in half & got it Breaded earlier in the day & put in the Fridge.
I also put 17 nice Sea Scallops in a container, with a little Olive Oil & some Old Bay.

Then a few hours later I put the Catty Fillets in the Wire Basket, on 2nd position, with the Baking Pan under it on the 3rd position.
Then I set the Heat for 400°, set on “Roast”, and set the timer for 30 minutes, to avoid an auto-shut-off.
Then I paused & checked the Temp @ 20 minutes, and they weren’t quite ready.
I checked again @ 22 minutes & they were @164° and 186°, so I removed them.

While this was happening to my Fish, I was also Pan Frying those 17 Sea Scallops in Butter in my Copper Pan.

Then I plated one of my Fillet pieces, and about half of the Scallops with a nice dollop of Sandwich Spread (for Tartar Sauce).

Then the next day, for a change of taste, I plated the other Fillet & the rest of the Scallops with some “Frank’s Red Hot”.
These two meals were very Tasty to this old Bear.

Thanks for stopping by,

Bear

2 halves of a Catfish Fillet:
IMG_4338.jpg

One Pound of Sea Scallops (17 scallops) marinating in Olive Oil & Old Bay:
IMG_4339.jpg

Breaded for Frying:
IMG_4340.jpg

Ready for Air Fryer:
IMG_4341.jpg

Set @ 400°:
IMG_4342.jpg

Scallops frying in Butter:
IMG_4343.jpg

Getting Tasty Now!!!

IMG_4344.jpg

Ahh Man I love these all Buttery!!!
IMG_4345.jpg

Catfish Done after 22 Minutes:
IMG_4346.jpg

Plating:
IMG_4347.jpg

First Night's Supper, with Fried Catfish, Buttery Sea Scallops, and Kraft Sandwich Spread for Tartar Sauce (for the Fillet):
IMG_4348.jpg

Second Night's Supper, with Fried Catfish, Buttery Scallops, and some "Frank's Red Hot":
IMG_4349.jpg

Last edited:
Looks Mighty Tasty to me, I love Scallops and that fish ! Looks like it came right out of a deep fryer.
Gunna have to try fish in my air fryer. I did do Hush-puppies in it last night, turned out perfect.

I "LIKE" it

Gary

There you go a nice seafood dinner with 2 fine tasting meats. You got me on using that sandwich spread for tartar sauce its great.

Warren

Nice.

Oddly enough while the wife was away seeing her sister I did the same exact thing just with a couple of flounder fillets.

Do you get fresh scallops or previously frozen out your way?

Looks fantastic!! Scallops are my wife’s favorite so I cook them once in awhile and always for anniversary dinner. Your wife sounds like my brother in law, hates meats from the water so much he once told me if a cow swam in the water he’d reject the beef LOL. Great looking meal , big like!

Looks Mighty Tasty to me, I love Scallops and that fish ! Looks like it came right out of a deep fryer.
Gunna have to try fish in my air fryer. I did do Hush-puppies in it last night, turned out perfect.

I "LIKE" it

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
Yup---Try the fish---You won't believe how good it is!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice looking meal Bear!

Thank You Jake!!

Bear

looks more then great bear, got to love sea scallops, I should be getting some sea scallops in a week or two, the wife always gets me some for my birthday going to have to try the olive oil and bay seasoning never did them that way.

Looks real good Bear! You don't have to eat that meal alone, I could always help you put it away

Like!

There you go a nice seafood dinner with 2 fine tasting meats. You got me on using that sandwich spread for tartar sauce its great.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Glad you like that Tartar Sauce!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice.

Oddly enough while the wife was away seeing her sister I did the same exact thing just with a couple of flounder fillets.

Do you get fresh scallops or previously frozen out your way?

Thank You Norm!!
Frozen, but at least These are Frozen Individually, so I can take as many out as I want, because they aren't all frozen on a Big Lump.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky