Surf n turf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
Hit the woods for a few hours this afternoon despite the high winds, saw a few, but nothing I'm able to shoot, or want to at this point. Before hand, I breaded some walleye, seasoned some flank and ponch meat , mixed up some filling and made some venison flank rolls!
The filling is a combination of smoked bacon bits, cream cheese, some queso, shredded mozzarella and some chiltpolte Tabasco. I seasoned the meat with garlic salt on one side and famous Dave's rib rub along with olive oil on the outside.. I knew I should if tenderized or brined it, but time just didn't allow. Walleye was great, the pinwheels tasted great, but were chewy.
Smoked the venison in my mes until the average IT was 135-150
Also did a few venison "finger steaks" in the Depp fryer
20221016_194000.jpg

20221016_194047.jpg

20221016_195548.jpg

20221016_202545.jpg

20221016_202900.jpg
20221016_202843.jpg

20221016_202130.jpg

Everything looks fantastic!
But it’s been years since I’ve had walleye, & I could eat that whole plate.
Al
I'm very fortunate to be within driving distance of the Walleye Capitol of the World! The last 2 years haven't allowed much time to get on Erie, due to family issues, but we got to sneak out a couple of times this year in early summer to do some fishing, drinking beers and smoking cigars! I love it on the water and the delicious walleye and perch are a extra perk!

Man start to finish just spectacular. I’d sit down to thst anytime and be damn happy.
Me too! I'm already wanting to get into the next batch lol!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky