Throwing Y'all a Surf-n-Turf Curve Ball

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks absolutely delicious ! You did a fantastic job with those wascally wabbits!

Ryan
Very kind of ya, thank you Ryan.
For what those coneys cost now I'd better treat them right.
Example given, the 16 hour wet brine made sure they'd stay juicy and tender in the smoker.

John, all I can say is WOW!! I haven't had rabbit in far too long and right this moment, I'm not really sure where I could get some. But I'll be on the hunt now.

Once the rabbit was done we ate them off the tray, tearing their tender carcasses apart in a Wild Kingdom like display of savagery.
🤣🤣 I can definitely see that...

Reactions: chilerelleno
The end product looks and sounds great John. Nicely done. My in-laws used to cook rabbits when the father was able to hunt. I had a few opportunities to try it, but I could never get over seeing one skinned laying on the counter waiting to be cooked. It unfortunately reminded me too much of a dead baby and I could never get over it. Damn anatomy and physiology classes.

Point for sure
Chris

• Wow
What can I say John? That looks absolutely superb!! Reminds me of childhood when dad was big into hunting. My grandmother would clean and cook everything and we'd have a veritable feast. Most excellent!!

Robert

Looks great!
Thanks.
Looks delicious Chili!
Haven’t had rabbit since I was a kid!
Al
Thank you Al.
You re-explore your childhood.
Congratulations on the rotator. Well deserved.
Carousel was unexpected... Appreciate it.
Both look great John! I’ve never had either of rabbit or boudin….but I would gladly tear those apart in the trays too!
Thanks man, you really should try both.

These are domesticated meat rabbits, there are some differences from wild hares/rabbits.

Lots of different Boudins to try, Blanc, Rouge aka Noir (which I've very seldom seen), crawfish, shrimp, crab and gator.
Some don't use liver, some do use varying amounts of liver, which can greatly affect the flavor, most use rice, some French Creole Blancs use bread/milk.
have mercy! I'd been like a junk yard dog, growling at everybody that came close to that tray.
Great looking meal. Rabbit is on my "bucket list" to try.

Jim
Thanks Jim, there was indeed some grunting and growling going on between us over the prime bits.
You really should try some rabbit.
Shared some with one of the guys at work who'd never had it, he loved it.
John, all I can say is WOW!! I haven't had rabbit in far too long and right this moment, I'm not really sure where I could get some. But I'll be on the hunt now.

🤣🤣 I can definitely see that...

Wow awesome nothing beats a good rabbit dinner and this sure brings some new ideas.

Warren
Thank you Warren... Inspiration is one thing we all do very well here.
Looking good John, looking damn good. I love rabbit, but I've never gotten creative about cooking them. They usually get cooked on a spit over an open fire right in the bush. Looks like I'll have to shoot a couple and give this a try.
Gary
"Thanks!" and "Go get'em Gary", so many rabbit recipes it ain't funny.
The end product looks and sounds great John. Nicely done. My in-laws used to cook rabbits when the father was able to hunt. I had a few opportunities to try it, but I could never get over seeing one skinned laying on the counter waiting to be cooked. It unfortunately reminded me too much of a dead baby and I could never get over it. Damn anatomy and physiology classes.

Point for sure
Chris
Well... Ummm... Thanks Chris!... Dang... Dead babies... Errr... Okaaay then...
What can I say John? That looks absolutely superb!! Reminds me of childhood when dad was big into hunting. My grandmother would clean and cook everything and we'd have a veritable feast. Most excellent!!

Robert
Much appreciated Robert.
It was a feast for for my son and I as no one else in the house likes rabbit... Just because it's... Cute fluffy rabbit.
And then sharing some at work with someone who'd never had it, and loved it, made it all the better.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Much appreciated Robert.
It was a feast for for my son and I as no one else in the house likes rabbit... Just because it's... Cute fluffy rabbit.
And then sharing some at work with someone who'd never had it, and loved it, made it all the better.
When my nieces were still very young, I got them each a pair of rabbit skin mitts (fur on) for Christmas one year. One of their friends asked them where rabbit skin mitts come from. They answered "Dead rabbits". :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy:
Gary

Once the rabbit was done we ate them off the tray, tearing their tender carcasses apart in a Wild Kingdom like display of savagery.
Isn't that what one is supposed to do?

1681864432892.png

That looks great! Should of named it "Throwing the Easter bunny a curve ball!".....

• Haha
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky