Catskills Surf & Turf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

K9BIGDOG

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 7, 2017
New York
Bear's trout thread made me want to share this with you all. Was up at the place in the Catskills this weekend and got some fishing time in. These were very nice trout and I cook them in white wine, butter, lemon, and olive oil. They are laying on a bed of onions and seasoned. Everyone loves to take some nice, crusty Italian bread and soak up the "juice", too. The "Turf" side of the meal is venison taken from our mountain. These were some steaks that I marinated in a scratch-made balsamic marinade and grilled to medium rare then cubed for easy picking. (They look more well-done than they are from the marinade and because they had been sitting for a bit before I took the photo.) This dish/combo has become a favorite of our band of regulars at the old farmhouse in the mountains. We usually enjoy with a few glasses of homemade vino, too! 🍷:emoji_sunglasses:
IMG_3574.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

Nice looking plate of SnT. My parents used to take us to the Catskills many moons ago. About all I remember is the game farm.

Point for sure
Chris

I dont usually eat stuff that is looking back at me....But that trout looks darn good.
Jim

Looks Great, KBD !!
The biggest Trout Bear Jr ever caught was out of NY, near Pulaski. from a Small Stream feeding the Salmon River.
31 1/2" Buck & a 29 1/2" Roe.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky