Super Bowl Roll Call: Who's up and yawning with me right now?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hokiescott

Original poster
Dec 26, 2010
Up since 3:30 rubbing the pork butts. I got two at 9 pounds each and two full racks of spares. Only problem for me will be figuring out how to cook all this food AND the wicked baked beans in an MES30. I'm afraid there's an oven in my future.

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/scotttaylor72/?action=view&current=9c755a27.jpg

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/scotttaylor72/?action=view&current=e062b015.jpg

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/scotttaylor72/?action=view&current=3524437d.jpg

Thats a load of meat, good lluck with it and lets see some qview when it's done.

Im up as well smoking two butts and a brisket. Everything is going good so far. Brisket is at 150 and butts are at 140.

Man that's a lot of meat. I'm thinking second smoker in the future.   
icon_mrgreen.gif

Been up on and off since 10 pm I have a 20lb ham going and two 8 lb butts.

Going to be a long day, but well worth see the steelers win #7

Robert

Nice Pork there, HokieScott !!

I slept in until 6:30, because my smoke doesn't go in until around Noon (Prime Rib for Mrs Bear & me).

Bear

Scott, that sure looks like a tasty feast you have smoking.....

I've been up since 3:30.  Here's my SuperBowl smoke:

7251f1af_IMG00012-20110206-0428.jpg

If all goes as planned, ready to eat by game time.

Enjoy your day!

I got a later stary - small stuff for me today - no need to get up at o'dark thirty for ribs...

Ugh... well I've got some choices to make here. I've got the two butts that have been in since 4am and are looking great, but I've got two racks o' ribs that need to get some smoke as well. Should I pull one of the butts and put it in the oven to make room for the upright rib rack or should I just foil the ribs and put them in the oven or grill?

Help me Smokey-one(s), you're my only hope!

I'd try to rotate all of them between the smoker and the oven, and always start them in the smoker, so the raw meat gets the smoke.

Put the ribs on the smoker, put the butts in the oven.  Foil the butts with some liquid & finish them in the oven. Then smoke the ribs all the way on the smoker. The butts have had enough smoke & will be great finished in the oven.

Ugh... well I've got some choices to make here. I've got the two butts that have been in since 4am and are looking great, but I've got two racks o' ribs that need to get some smoke as well. Should I pull one of the butts and put it in the oven to make room for the upright rib rack or should I just foil the ribs and put them in the oven or grill?

Help me Smokey-one(s), you're my only hope!

icon_cool.gif

Nope I didn't get up till maybe 10ish or so. Maybe cause I was on here at 3:00 am this morn. But I will be watching the game and enjooying some Blt's with some just smoked yesterday bacons.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky