Sunny Arizona here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buck1949

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Hello all, from unseasonably warm Phoenix (yes even for this time of year it is warm)

I am really happy that I found this web site.  I found it by looking for information about smoking some ribs.  I used to do a small amount of smoking about 20 years ago, when I owned a Smokin Joe by Brinkman, but just was never satisfied with what I could do with it. In the end I just used the Brinkman as a Weber styled grill and gave up the idea of smoking food.

This past Thanksgiving I tried smoking a Turkey (indirect heat) on a built in gas grill that I have, and was less than happy with the outcome, so I began looking at options.  I am retired now, and can spend more time 'playing' around with the smoking idea, and after doing a bunch of research I settled on the Masterbuilt Pro Dual Smoker.  I liked the idea of the separate boxes on it....the idea that it was an easy compact smoker, and lastly I liked the price.  Figured I could get into the smoker, and not have to take out a bank loan to do it.

I have not done a lot yet, as I have only smoked a couple of racks of St. Louis ribs, and a small Pork Loin, but will say that for my first time in (20 years) I was not at all disappointed.  I think I am going to love this little smoker.  I look forward to chatting on here....and who knows I may get good enough to even contribute some of my tricks.......(if I end up having any
thumbsup.gif
)  !! 

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Buck-nice to have you here. The information to be found here is amazing. I know when I started out with my ECB 15 years ago, you learned by trail and error and there wasn't the extensive internet where one could go and look stuff up. Now the newbies can buy a smoker and come to sites like SMF and have an easier learning curve by reading up on the successes and failures that others have had and hopefully they won't make as many learning the art of low and slow cooking.

Enjoy the Smoke!

Hello Buck. Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn the art of smoking just about any food you care to mention. Lots of nice , helpful folks on this forum. You will enjoy the time you spend here.

Thanks all for the nice welcome.... this site is so huge....I am still sifting through all the different areas. 

We shall overcome !!!!

Bill

Hey Buck

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky