Sunday's Shickens

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mountaincityoutlaw

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Santa Anna, TX
Did some shickens today for a birthday party. I did a couple whole chickens and 12 leg quarters, with pinto beans and potato salad. Good Eats.
513ff097_vbattach11930.jpg

1372ee2b_vbattach11929.jpg

806ed2ad_vbattach11927.jpg

ec22ddb9_vbattach11928.jpg

That look good Outlaw, nice legs! Share your recipe and how you did it. I just bought two 3.5# chickens and 2 cornish hens that I'm gonna do this week sometime. I plan on brining for about 3-6hrs then split and smoke. Never done cornish hens before, figure doin it the same as chicken and may add some bacon in there somewhere.

Thanks for the pics!

I've never brined my chicken, but I have thought about it. If someone could direct me in the right direction for a brine, I'd be much obliged. As for the chickens that I did today was really simple. Italian dressing as a binder and a rub I threw together. Smoker on my Charbroil h2o at 235 for 4:30 to 5 hrs. Took some bottles of bbq sauce that I had left over and put into sauce pan with half a bottle of Pineapple jelly and some apple juice and basted the last hour on. I also did a fattie but we ate it before I took pics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky