Sunday St Louis Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Had a rack thawed from Freezermart and some new rub to try out, the only question was which smoker to use. It was cold early on and the plan for the day was football on TV, I didn't feel like jumping up every 20 minutes to fiddle with the offset SQ36. The Pro 100 hasn't been used for a couple of months now, and all I had was apple chips, nope. Cleaned the ashes out of the Weber and set up the SnS with briquettes and fist sized chucks of hickory. Picked out a new rub
DSCN2604.JPG

Getting started right about 11 in the morning, right before kickoff.
DSCN2605.JPG

Was rolling nice smoke right off the bat. Set it and forget it.
DSCN2607.JPG

Had a couple of brewsters and about 2:30 poured a little glass of Tennessee sippin' whisky. The alarm on my TP-20 was set for 196º, went off right at four. After a little toothpick probing decided the rack need a bit more time, brushed on some SBR and put the lid back on for another half hour, come out nice!
DSCN2608.JPG

Wanted to plate it up with some beans and tater salad, and even tho I'm sure I bought three big cans of Bush's beans a couple week ago, I couldn't find them in the hoarders paradise we call a pantry. Zapped some leftover broccoli, sliced a mater, little tater salad, pulled up a chair.
DSCN2609.JPG

The ribs had a good clean bite with some nice smoke flavor, not as strong as with the offset, but it was there. Bob wasn't happy, he didn't get a scrap.
DSCN2610.JPG

I tell ya, the Weber kettle outfitted with the Vortex and SnS has become the most versatile tool in the box. Thanks for lookin' in! RAY

Loooooooking Gooooood Ray, but you should have scrapped the rib meat off of one bone for Bob. I'm sure he was outside with ya doing his part. You Meanie

Chris

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks great . Nice cook on those . I have some in there freezer , be good way to start the new year .
I'm with you on the pantry . She's about maxed out .

That's a good looking rack you got there my friend :emoji_wink: Nice job on those ribs. We had leftover ham and cheddar sandwiches yesterday. Would have much preferred sitting down to a plate of those ribs. Gotta agree about the Weber being a very versatile cooker.you can do a ton of great things on it and not break the bank setting it up.

Robert

I'm jealous my Pit Boss smoker is in the garage with my truck, the others are in hibernation. Nice job on that rack.
Richie

Loooooooking Gooooood Ray, but you should have scrapped the rib meat off of one bone for Bob. I'm sure he was outside with ya doing his part. You Meanie Chris

Thanks Chris! Bob's just too dammed spoiled to humor constantly, and he only gets stuff that doesn't have any seasoning. I learned the hard way with my chocolate lab, seasoning leads to farting at night, and unlike my lab, Bob sleeps on our bed at night, most often cuddled up right next to me. Thanks for the Like Chris, I appreciate it. RAY

Looks great . Nice cook on those . I have some in there freezer , be good way to start the new year . I'm with you on the pantry . She's about maxed out .

Thanks Rich! The garage freezer is as packed as the pantry, to find anything I have to empty half of it out. At least I'm thru all the baby backs now, got a couple racks of St Louis left to go, then it's all spares , and I've got at least ten racks of those and like them more. Thank you for the Like Rich, I do appreciate it. RAY

Heck yeah ray thems some tasty looking ribs

Thanks Jake! They really hit the spot and now I've got some beans when I do the leftovers! RAY

Damnit Ray I am sitting over here crying and sad that I don't have any of those ribs. They looks amazing man! Nice job...who doesn't love a good rack?

Thanks John, it really is hard to beat a good rack! Thanks for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

Nice cook those ribs look great. Warren

Thank you Warren, and thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

That's a good looking rack you got there my friend :emoji_wink: Nice job on those ribs. We had leftover ham and cheddar sandwiches yesterday. Would have much preferred sitting down to a plate of those ribs. Gotta agree about the Weber being a very versatile cooker.you can do a ton of great things on it and not break the bank setting it up. Robert

Thank you Robert! I could really go for a ham, the sammies and split pea soup are a huge favorite. I find the three bucks worth of charcoal as opposed to $30 worth of wood to fire up my offset to be a real bonus, and the Weber is pretty much set it and forget it. Thanks for the Like amigo, it's greatly appreciated. RAY

Nice job on those ribs Ray ! A great cook without interrupting your football! Ryan

Thanks Ryan, sometimes the easy way turns out to be the best way! Thanks for the Like Ryan, I do appreciate it. RAY

I'm jealous my Pit Boss smoker is in the garage with my truck, the others are in hibernation. Nice job on that rack. Richie

Thanks Richie! That's just another thing I love about living in AZ, smoking gets done all year round. Thanks you for the Like Richie, it is greatly appreciated. RAY

I'm with you Ray I like the spares too. Been told the ladies like the BB better somebody forgot to tell the ladies at my house.

And Thanks for the like it is appreciated.

Warren

Ray those ribs look phenomenal!! I can relate to the pantry overflowing lol, ours is in serious need of an inventory.

Those Ribs look great Ray. Excellent work Sir! Have a Safe and Happy New Year!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky