summer sausage question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle_lar

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hennepin, Illinois
I have made allot of summer sausage and I have always used Fermento for  The Sausage Maker Co.

what would an  alternative be that I could maybe get locally. I  make allot of summer sausage and snack sticks and it can get kind of expensive buying it  from them.

Last edited:
I have made allot of summer sausage and I have always used Fermento for  The Sausage Maker Co.

what would an  alternative be that I could maybe get locally. I  make allot of summer sausage and snack sticks and it can get kind of expensive buying it  from them.
In just about any store in the baking section.

Saco Buttermilk powder

My CB hardened up like a brick....had to toss it.... Lol

this is a poor mans way to a fermented flavor, encapsulated citric acid 1.5 oz. to 25lbs meat add and mix before stuffing works well in summer sausage and snack sticks your spice shop should sell this

good luck

Rick

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky