Summer colds suck!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Allergies been kicking my butt. Been using the squeeze nasal irrigation and couple days ago could not breeze either side. When I squeezed went right straight to my right ear and been plugged up since. Last night ear starting hurting so went to urgent care this morning. Finally got home with meds for ear infection. I feel like crap. So much for the enchilada's today. Going to miss my Saturday with my buddy's at Brewery today. Let the healing begin. Could be worse!

indexjjhbhh.jpg

Last edited:
Feel better soon, Buddy...JJ

Sorry to hear that.
Ever try Flonase or Rhinocort nasal spray? They can do wonders for allergies.
Costco has a knockoff of Flonase for about half the price. I does work wonders.
As an aside, I've notice that I haven't had a cold in at least a year. A side benefit of mask wearing, I guess.

Costco has a knockoff of Flonase for about half the price. I does work wonders.
As an aside, I've notice that I haven't had a cold in at least a year. A side benefit of mask wearing, I guess.
I use these and Xyzal. I think I picked up a bug. I have had my shots but they say you can still get. They did test but wont know until next week. Those ear infections hurt! Still feel like crap but I will get threw it. I been getting out a lot. Went seen Fleetwood Mac cover band few days ago. Man they where good. Need to still keep your guard up. Back to caring hand sanitizer.

Have you ever used a Neti Pot? A little intimidating the first time but that thing works wonders for clearing out the head. We use it all the time

Have you ever used a Neti Pot? A little intimidating the first time but that thing works wonders for clearing out the head. We use it all the time
That what caused it to get in my ear. Was using the squeeze. I use it daily mostly. I have terrible allergies.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Sorry to hear your not feeling well Brian. I had terrible allergies when we lived in Ft. Lauderdale, but when we moved to Sebring, they went away. Haven’t had a cold in years, probably because I’m practically a hermit! :emoji_sunglasses:
Al

sorry to hear this...but i have heard it from others.

RE: allergies this year - THE WORST! I was on Claritin for years. earlier this year started to double the does with no affect. tried Zyrtec - did nothing. Finally tried Allegra and mush better treatment - but not 100%. few times a week I need Flonase now. Man-i came home from a MTB ride and could barely breath and went on a several day suffer fest while my doc and i tried to sort out what to use. Medai says the extreme heat is making allergies much worse - i would agree.

Hope you get well soon my friend!

PS: I am off COBRA and on ACA insurance for $5.41 a month/pp! its amazing. I used an insurance broker and they helped us find the best package.

PS: I am off COBRA and on ACA insurance for $5.41 a month/pp! its amazing. I used an insurance broker and they helped us find the best package.
Thanks. I just be glad when my ear pops! It been pretty good to me so far. I paying $80 but have very low out of pocket. I had to travel yesterday for urgent care which I did not like but was only $25.

I got Jeff's charro beans and enchilada's that need to be cooked up. My taste buds are messed up. Makes you realize how much they play in cooking. I normally look at few recipes then just kinda of use what I like about each and go by taste. This is hard.

Sorry to hear and hope you feel better.
Our Regional Medical Center has been very busy lately. Very serious nasal infections going around. Wife had it and kinda kicked her butt for 2 weeks.

Our Regional Medical Center has been very busy lately. Very serious nasal infections going around. Wife had it and kinda kicked her butt for 2 weeks.
Thanks. Looks like this one going to go on for a while longer. Been a long time since I been sick and this one kicking my butt!

Man I am still fighting this. I am ready to get out of house. Staying in just in case I am contagious. I pretty sure just sinus and ear infection but it being stubborn! Covid came back negative. Tomorrow last of the free concerts downtown and want to go. Spin Doctors playing. We have had a lot of big name bands this year.

Allergies been kicking my butt. Been using the squeeze nasal irrigation and couple days ago could not breeze either side. When I squeezed went right straight to my right ear and been plugged up since. Last night ear starting hurting so went to urgent care this morning. Finally got home with meds for ear infection. I feel like crap. So much for the enchilada's today. Going to miss my Saturday with my buddy's at Brewery today. Let the healing begin. Could be worse!

View attachment 505376

When I was a Wee One, every time I got a cold, it would go to my Throat, and then end in my ear. I spent so much time on a Heating Pad, I thought my ear was going to melt & fall off. I'd lay there all day waiting for my Dad to get home & blow some Cigar Smoke in my Ear. That always made it feel so much better. Found out years later that Cigar Smoke was a bad thing to do.

I think the Army broke me of getting the sore throat. I got it so bad one winter, I went on Sick Call at Ft Monmouth. I saw a Major "Doctor", and he looked in my throat & said, "I'll get some medicine for you to get the swelling down. Then we'll have to remove those Tonsils.-------What??? And Army Quack reaching in my throat with a Blade??? No Thanks, I disappeared before he got back with the Meds. Haven't had a sore throat since!!And Still got my Tonsils!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky