Summer Beer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We have a local brewery that makes a Highland Scotch Ale. Served in a big frosty mug, it is some good stuff!
That got me drooling. I prefer my beer soaked into barrels then drawn out with whiskey, like Jameson Caskmates Stout.

Summer Wheats, Hefeweisens, and Summer Shandies once the temp rises. 106F predicted for MD. Let the beer flow!

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
My main styles of beers stay the same year round,..... normally Florida Weisses and Stouts/Porters....being in Florida, if I had to wait for cool weather to enjoy a big stout I would never get to drink them. So, yes, even in the 90’s this summer I’ll be sitting outside drinking imperial stouts in between the sours I also really like. Well, maybe with quad/barleywine/scotch ale thrown in for good measures.

Reactions: bigfurmn
Bear... I wish I could get Yuengling here. Rumor has it I might be able to buy then end of the year but I load up the trunk everytime we head east to visit the wife's family. Once I get back everyone wants to come over and enjoy some. Makes for a great time to smoke something. I also love some Genny beers.

Reactions: BigW. and Plinsc
As I discussed in the other Beer threads, I drink the Local Beer year round. Since there is no transportation cost, STRAUB Beer is usually the cheapest. Fortunately it is of excellent taste and quality. Their Lager is a favorite, especially in hot weather. Their Amber is a bit darker with a touch more Malt and sweetness. Mid Summer through November, their Oktoberfest / Märzen Beer becomes available. Richer and more full bodied is best enjoyed in an Air Conditioned room or when the outside temp drop to mid 70's or less.☺...JJ

Three of the best craft beers available to mankind.

1622819647845.png
1622819696855.png

1622819755052.png

Here’s my summer beer.

64FD0683-D0E6-4787-904D-9DC260E82A6A.png

It’s a great light beer to crush back, a grapefruit Kolsch basically. It’s cheap too about $14 for a case. I buy this to have on hand but if there’s something heavier, I’ll grab a six pack of that to change it up.

Dang I must really be a hillbilly or something. I've tried craft beer and to me they can't hold a candle to Rolling Rock, Coors Lite, Bud Light...Although I seldom drink beer anymore "Whiskey man now" but I don't understand a different beer for different time of year or occasion. The only time i would order something different was when they were out of my brand.

Dang I must really be a hillbilly or something. I've tried craft beer and to me they can't hold a candle to Rolling Rock, Coors Lite, Bud Light...Although I seldom drink beer anymore "Whiskey man now" but I don't understand a different beer for different time of year or occasion. The only time i would order something different was when they were out of my brand.
I was talking to the head brewer at a local brewery here and he asked what my favorite beer is. I thought for a second and responded "the next one I haven't tried yet". I enjoy all types and variations usually, although I'm not a big fan of sour beers.

Reactions: PPG1
Samuel Adams pretty much year around. Blue Moon is nice for a day bbq and visit with friends and family in summer. Winter time I shift to stouts and porters for the spicy around the holidays. Then back to Sam.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky