• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Stuffing Snack Stix

chipmanbbq

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 1, 2016
Anyone have issues using their 5lb LEM(or equivalent) hand crank stuffer to stuff stix? I was browsing some seasoning last night and one of the reviews said that a hand crank stuffer won't work for stix. I figured if I had the correct size tube my stuffer should have no problems getting the job done. Just curious. Thanks guys!

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Add more water or liquid to your mix. If the meat is too sticky it is hard to push through the smaller tubes.

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010

Anyone have issues using their 5lb LEM(or equivalent) hand crank stuffer to stuff stix? I was browsing some seasoning last night and one of the reviews said that a hand crank stuffer won't work for stix. I figured if I had the correct size tube my stuffer should have no problems getting the job done. Just curious. Thanks guys!
I have a LEM 5lb hand crank, but thousands of lbs thru it with 0 problems. Who ever said you cant use it obviously does not know what they are doing. I use a 3/8 and 7/16" tube with no problems.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
I stuff down to 15mm casings with mine and like nepas, there's been at least a full bovine pushed through it.

However, you can't strong arm it, let the mince tell you what pressure you need on the crank, also, mark the upper stem so people know when they've hit bottom. Even with metal gears, you can tear it up by putting too much pressure when bottomed out.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.