Stuffer Tube Cleaning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
How do ya clean yer tube??????

Place the washer side end under the faucet.

4b4f40c5_DSC01387.jpg

Next take a wash rag or old rag you use and place over the end.

aeee7702_DSC01388.jpg

The rag helps with the splash. Hold this tight on the faucet and turn the water on.

f155f790_DSC01389.jpg

There ya have it. One tube turd.

448a22e1_DSC01390.jpg

Now follow up with some warm water and yer brush or dishwasher.

e877b740_DSC01391.jpg

GASP!!!!!!!
I never push the good stuff down the drain!
I'm too cheap!!! LOL

I unscrew the tube from the stuffer with the casing still attached.
I take the next smallest stuffing tube and cover it with plastic wrap, I then push the meat into the casings with that. No waste.
If I'm using the smallest stuffing tube I push the meat out with a spoon handle that fits snug.

:sausage:

GASP!!!!!!!
I never push the good stuff down the drain!
I'm too cheap!!! LOL
I unscrew the tube from the stuffer with the casing still attached.
I take the next smallest stuffing tube and cover it with plastic wrap, I then push the meat into the casings with that. No waste.
If I'm using the smallest stuffing tube I push the meat out with a spoon handle that fits snug.
sausage.gif
yeahthat.gif

I stick a piece of paper towel in the tube and have a coat hanger that I unwound and bent it in half and push the paper towel ball through.. works great

Yours is another good Idea Rick..............
icon14.gif

Joe

It's not about the loss of money; it's about the loss of the delicious sausage that I'm making
first.gif
....ROFLOL (me bragging about how good my sausage is!!) jk just kidding around with y'all……

It's not about the loss of money; it's about the loss of the delicious sausage that I'm making
first.gif
....ROFLOL (me bragging about how good my sausage is!!) jk just kidding around with y'all……

A smart man once said, It aint bragging if you can back it up! 

I went to Home Depot with my stuffing tubes and bought dowel rods just shy in diameter to the ID of each tube, brought them home and cut them off so they're double the length of the tube.  When I am done making sausage I unscrew the cap an remove the tube, casing and sausage still attached, and push the remaining product into the casing, then remove and tie off the sausage, 100% cased, and just wash and rinse the tube and dowel.  You can see the dowels in my equipment pic:

242e5797_thearsenal.jpg

It works like a charm and no waste (yes,I am not frugal, I'm just plain cheap!) and the sausage it has saved has more-than-paid-for the one-time expense of the dowels 10 times over!

Last edited:
I have several wooden spoons all with different diameters that we have accumulated over the years and they work like the dowels. The best part is they are in a jar on the counter all the time so I don't have to go looking for them  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky