Stuffed Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

donegotfat

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 16, 2016
Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
Smoked a stuffed Pork Loin today!

Started with an 8lb pork loin and filleted it open so it was approximately 1/4 inch thick.

I have seen several of these done, so was debating on ingredients. I finally settled on Colby jack cheese, Prosciutto, white onions & chives, mushroom, and stuffing.

Pre made the stuffing, but only used 1/2 the normal water so that the final product would not be too mushy. Sauteed the onlins, chives, and mushrooms, then added ingredients in layers.
Started with the cheese, then the prosciutto, next the stuffing, then the sauteed items. Finished it off with a light dusting my rub, then rolled it, trussed it, cut it into 2 separate rolls, added rub, and into the fridge overnight.

Pre heated smoker to 225, took approx 4 hours total cook time, pulled when the IT was 150°. Let it rest for 20 minutes tented under foil, then wrapped into foil tightly and into a cooler with towels around them to keep them hot and ready till dinner time. (2 hours later). When I did finally cut them, IT was still 135° and plenty warm to serve.

The next time I make it, ill likely leave off the mushrooms, add more stuffing, and use mozzarella as the Colby melted out too easily.

Thanks for looking!

Looks tasty,I think mozzarella will melt out as well but it's worth a shot. Maybe pound the meat out and tie the ends shut.

That is a real nice job you did,I think if you left it whole the cheese would not have melted out point

Richie

That looks fantastic. I love stuffed pork loin, and this recipe sounds great! Hope to give it a try soon.

Last edited:
DGF, Nice looking loin! I agree w/ the others about keeping you ends sealed up to retain your cheese but still  fine smoke for you ! points!

Looks tasty,I think mozzarella will melt out as well but it's worth a shot. Maybe pound the meat out and tie the ends shut.
Thanks, I will give that a try on pounding and tying the ends.

That loin looks fantastic!

Great job!

Congrats on making the carousel!

Point!

Al
Thanks, it was nice to see it on the front page :)
Very nice! Stuffed pork loin is hard to beat!
Thanks.

That is a real nice job you did,I think if you left it whole the cheese would not have melted out point

Richie
I was worried on uneven heat and having to spin it on the cooker every few hours, so I ended up cutting, darn thing was like 3ft long.

Tasty looking pork loin!
Thanks
Looks great!

Point!
Thanks
That looks fantastic. I love stuffed pork loin, and this recipe sounds great! Hope to give it a try soon.
Thanks, I wasn't a fan of the mushrooms, but the wife loved them. So I guess the mushrooms stay in the future recipe .. LOL :)

DGF, Nice looking loin! I agree w/ the others about keeping you ends sealed up to retain your cheese but still  fine smoke for you ! points!
Thanks, I will definitely tie the ends closed next time.

Looks Beautiful, DGF !!!
icon14.gif
---
points.gif

Tasty Too!!
drool.gif

Much Prettier than mine:

Smoked Stuffed Pork Loin (Apple)

Bear

Thanks

You'd be surprised, I had no cheese melt out and this stuffed rolled loin spun vertically with open ends.   Great looking cook OP!
Yours looks great, thanks

Looks great, a work of art. Nice filet job, nice an thin sheet for a good roll.
Thanks, that filet work was a pain for as long as it was.

Looks Beautiful, DGF !!!
icon14.gif
---
points.gif

Tasty Too!!
drool.gif

Much Prettier than mine:

Smoked Stuffed Pork Loin (Apple)

Bear
Yours gave me the confidence to try one of my own, and I will be giving the apple option a try soon.

Thanks, that filet work was a pain for as long as it was.

Yours gave me the confidence to try one of my own, and I will be giving the apple option a try soon.
Apple goes so good with Pork!!

LOL---Must be why Apples are often put in the Pit Pig's Mouth.

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky