Stuffed Pork Loin With Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brutalgrandpa

Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Germantown, MD
My chef friend gave me a 20" pork loin to test out a recipe with. So, yesterday it was too windy to ride the motorcycles and I decided to give it a try.

Cut almost in half, opened up like a book. Trimmed fat and pounded to about 1/4" thickness.

Mushroom, shallots, 1/4 cloves of garlic sauteed up with black pepper, steak fajita seasoning, magic dust, black pepper and dry sherry wine. I then mixed in with wilted spinach.

A nice healthy amount of fresh parmesan cheese

I smoked it to apple/cherry mixture until the internal temp reached 140.

Transferred to the hot as grill for a quick seer and to finish up. I pulled it at 150 and let it sit for 20 minutes while we made the finishing sauce.

I made a finishing sauce of: sauteed shallots, then added chicken stock, then dry sherry and let it cook for 5 minutes. Added some white cream and it was done. Turned out fantastic.

Well if thats the test from your chef I think that he will be worried about his job now. That loin looks fabulous and very tastey too. I just made one for my cousin for her wedding. I know he will enjoy it too.
points.gif
just have to be awarded for one great Job.

Wish I was there to help put some of that away.
Man thate look good, certainly earned points

That does look good. Yep I was going to ride yesterday, Had to tech some real Estate classes in Gaithersburg, But didn't like the idea of going over the Bay Bridge in that wind

Thanks guys!

Basically, cut it in half, horizontally. Go to you are about 1/4" from the other side. Then, just open it like a book. Then you have to pound it until it is 1/4" thick all the way through, throughout the whole loin. I used a dough roller as it let me take out some frustration
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

My wife and I both have Suzuki M109r's. Mine is the white (2007) and hers is the Yellow (2008)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky