Stuffed Pork Loin With Q-View

Discussion in 'Pork' started by brutalgrandpa, May 9, 2010.

1. My chef friend gave me a 20" pork loin to test out a recipe with. So, yesterday it was too windy to ride the motorcycles and I decided to give it a try.

Cut almost in half, opened up like a book. Trimmed fat and pounded to about 1/4" thickness.

Mushroom, shallots, 1/4 cloves of garlic sauteed up with black pepper, steak fajita seasoning, magic dust, black pepper and dry sherry wine. I then mixed in with wilted spinach.

A nice healthy amount of fresh parmesan cheese

I smoked it to apple/cherry mixture until the internal temp reached 140.

Transferred to the hot as grill for a quick seer and to finish up. I pulled it at 150 and let it sit for 20 minutes while we made the finishing sauce.

I made a finishing sauce of: sauteed shallots, then added chicken stock, then dry sherry and let it cook for 5 minutes. Added some white cream and it was done. Turned out fantastic.

2. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Man that looks wonderful. I have not tried stuffing them with spinach yet but with everyone using spinach lately I just have to give it try.

3. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Well if thats the test from your chef I think that he will be worried about his job now. That loin looks fabulous and very tastey too. I just made one for my cousin for her wedding. I know he will enjoy it too.[​IMG]just have to be awarded for one great Job.

4. treegje

treegje Master of the Pit

Wish I was there to help put some of that away.
    Man thate look good, certainly earned points

5. wl_kb3

wl_kb3 Fire Starter

Wow that looks awesome.[​IMG]

6. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That does look good. Yep I was going to ride yesterday, Had to tech some real Estate classes in Gaithersburg, But didn't like the idea of going over the Bay Bridge in that wind

7. rev

rev Fire Starter

That looks epic! Nice!

8. i agree...too windy for the bridge. I live about 5 minutes north of Gaithersburg.

9. rev

rev Fire Starter

It's windy today too. I live in NOVA.

10. Nice Job. How do you cut the loin to unroll it. That is awesome!

11. shhaker

shhaker Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

looks awesome...like to try that!! btw what kind of bike?

12. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great looking loin...[​IMG]

13. allen

allen Smoking Fanatic

That looks Great , stuffed with my favorites

14. Thanks guys!

Basically, cut it in half, horizontally. Go to you are about 1/4" from the other side. Then, just open it like a book. Then you have to pound it until it is 1/4" thick all the way through, throughout the whole loin. I used a dough roller as it let me take out some frustration [​IMG]

My wife and I both have Suzuki M109r's. Mine is the white (2007) and hers is the Yellow (2008)

15. my mouth is watering

16. caveman

caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Great job on the loin.

17. walle

walle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

That looks awesome, Brut!

I've done a couple and they have been very good. I like the spinach idea too.