Stuffed pork loin spun around and around

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 4, 2014
Montague County, TX
I wanted to do this over the weekend, but the rain shut me down.  So yesterday afternoon I went home and began construction of this monster.

Did an UGLY butterfly job on the loin

Coated the inside of the loin with a mixture of rough chopped garlic, rosemary leaves, thyme, and tarragon all suspended in EVOO.  Then salted and pepper were added.

These onions add a very different flavor to the mix and we use them in a lot of different things.

Next came some Tillamook pepper jack cheese and spinach

Another flavor booster here that pairs very well with the pork

Added some homemade pepperoni

And some homemade mortadella and mettwurst

Rolled it up as best I could, it was quite full!  Trussed it and stabbed it with the rotisserie rod

Onto the rotisserie and cooked to 148 IT.  Note the cheese that melted out of the rolled seam.  When people question you about rotisserie items self basting, this shows it!  The exterior of the loin had a nice cheese coating to it when it was done!

Finally, all sliced up and into my belly!  I will do this again very soon!

Almost forgot, I sliced chops from the remainder of the loin and have those in a bucket of curing brine...  But that's for another time...

That's a beautiful looking stuffed loin.

Bet it had all kinda flavor.

Self basting in cheese, I love it.

Nice!  That's one beautiful little cook.   Buzzard did you see that stuffed one I spun a couple months back?   I was actually shocked no cheese came out since the ends are open. lol   
Yours is one I looked at when I was planning mine!

When I rolled mine I had a little cheese showing all the way down the seam.  I thought the tying would fix it, but apparently it didn't, however, the cheese "coating" made it rather interesting on the outside!

That my friend is a masterpiece...bet it was good
I had a lot of fun explaining to SWMBO why I wanted to use "her" cured meats in "my" pork loin...  
laugh1.gif

Even she agreed that this one was probably the best I had ever made.

​CB That looks good I always have trouble with the cheese oozing

Richie 

Good lord I can't believe it didn't explode when you wrapped it! Tasty looking stuffed loin!

Wow Charlie! This looks delicious. Like me you seemed to jam as much as you possibly could inside which I appreciate greatly! Points for sure!

I always over stuff loins and fatties! I know it's gonna squeeze out, but I still do it! :icon_eek:

It looks fantastic Charlie!

When I first saw all the ingredients, I thought, there's no way he's gonna get this thing tied up!

But you sure figured out a way to get all that stuff to stay in there.

Awesome job!

Point for sure!

Al

CB, As Al said ,that was a lot of innards in there!   A stuffed loin is one of my wifes' favorites, I'll have to do one soon.

CB, As Al said ,that was a lot of innards in there!   A stuffed loin is one of my wifes' favorites, I'll have to do one soon.

One of the great things about pork is that it pairs so well with other things! You could stuff one a week and not have to duplicate recipes. We have 4 more planned that are way different than this one.

I am going to have to get on this my two favorite have been an apple & cranberry chutney filling & my family bread stuffing recipe rolled up in the other both roasted but would be good on the rotisserie.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky