Stuffed Jalapenos in the making

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looking good! I do the same thing with the Jalapenos. Also, I tried using olive oil and vinegar with my last batch. Just didn't care how the oil congealed on the peppers. Is there a trick to this?

Evoo has compounds that congeal when cold. More Refined oils have them removed. Try Light Olive Oil, not as much flavor but still tasty...JJ

Evoo has compounds that congeal when cold. More Refined oils have them removed. Try Light Olive Oil, not as much flavor but still tasty...JJ

Thanks! I wasn't aware of that. I will look for some next time at the store.

Sooo, I took a jar out to try one. 10 minutes later the jar is empty! Packing them in vinegar and EVOO is a hit.

Reactions: chilerelleno
I was never a conventional breakfast sort of guy. Been up since 2am, again, and made some fresh cut potatoes in the air frier and a couple stuffed pickled jalapenos.

P7272702.JPG
P7272703.JPG

I ate two of the Stuffed Peppers, they were both really tasty.
I had mixed some of my Hot Pickled Onions in with them, the onions were good too.
This jar of onions had been pickling for seven months.
They were really good straight out of the jar, but were even better after spending time in the Olive Oil and Vinegar mix.

As noted, the EVOO's flavor was pronounced.
Today I'll be buying some light olive oil for the next batch.

The only thing I didn't care for was how the EVOO thickened. I'm hoping the extra fine olive oil will work better.

Now that I'm back from vacation I can get going on stuffing the next batch of Jalapenos. And following chef jimmyj chef jimmyj advice I bought some light olive oil. and put some in the fridge last night to see if it will congeal. The results...

oil test.JPG

Nice!! Tomorrow I stuff them! Thanks for the tip!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky