Stuffed Jalapenos in the making

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You should see how my wife carries on after I've had a few of those garlic pickles. Or worse when I eat the garlic from them!

Y'all are cruel, I'm trapped in my 18wheeler till Friday evening and all this talk of pickled stuffed peppers and olives.
Keep talking, you're building up my anticipation for the weekend.
:emoji_yum:

We are an evil bunch for sure. hehehe

CENTO and B&G, make Prosciutto and Provolone Stuffed Hot Cherry Peppers.
At least on the East Coast, you can buy Quart Jars at bigger Grocery stores, in the Pickles Isle. Italian Grocers too. SAM'S used to carry GALLON JARS CHEAP!...JJ

Reactions: Steve H
Out local Wegmans has them too. Just haven't tried them.

Good Stuff! If you can find them...CENTO makes a Hot Cherry Pepper, stuffed with Bread Crumbs, Pecorino Cheese and Anchovy! It's not Fishy like cheap pizza Anchovies. The stuffing is soft like any bread stuffing, and is super flavorful. Salty, Cheesy, with lots of Oregano and a Ton of Umami from the Anchovy. I like them A LOT more than the Prosciutto and Provolone...JJ

Good Stuff! If you can find them...CENTO makes a Hot Cherry Pepper, stuffed with Bread Crumbs, Pecorino Cheese and Anchovy! It's not Fishy like cheap pizza Anchovies. The stuffing is soft like any bread stuffing, and is super flavorful. Salty, Cheesy, with lots of Oregano and a Ton of Umami from the Anchovy. I like them A LOT more than the Prosciutto and Provolone...JJ

That does sound intriguing. I'll keep my eyes open for these.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Now on to getting these guys finished.
_DSC0036.jpg

The goods!

_DSC0046.jpg

The willpower it took not to start snacking on the fillings. Well, a piece or two didn't make into the Jalapeno.
_DSC0047.jpg

Stuffed with layers of Feta and Prosciutto.

_DSC0051.jpg

And capped with more Prosciutto.

_DSC0053.jpg

Packed into pint jars. I'll sample one later after they set for a bit. I forgot to get some Provolone. But, I'll try that soon.

IMG_20190721_184115711_BURST000_COVER.jpg
Mine are done too.

I used a boiling hot brine on the Jalapenos, I read it speeds the pickling by blanching them in this manner.
Vac sealed and let them brine for 48 hours.

Then I cut the cheese.
No, not that cheese, the Provolone...
Nevermind.

Wrapped in Prosciutto and stuffed the chiles. Packed in EVOO and vinegar and vac sealed again.

I'll try one Tuesday night.

IMG_20190721_182419577_BURST001.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good! I do the same thing with the Jalapenos. Also, I tried using olive oil and vinegar with my last batch. Just didn't care how the oil congealed on the peppers. Is there a trick to this?

Looking good! I do the same thing with the Jalapenos. Also, I tried using olive oil and vinegar with my last batch. Just didn't care how the oil congealed on the peppers. Is there a trick to this?
Not that I know of Steve, this is all new to me right here.
Everything I saw show them pickled in oil or oil and vinegar, none of them showed straight brine.

Looks good guys! I could go for a couple!!!

The olive oil will turn cloudy in the fridge and sometimes congeal. If you take a stuffed pepper out they will return to normal fairly quickly.

After doing some more homework. I took them out of the brine. And put them in with EVOO and vinegar. As xray pointed out. I'll just let them set at room temp for a few minutes before eating.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky