Stuffed Jalapenos in the making

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Got my hands on some decent sized Jalapenos. And thought these would make some good stuffed peppers. Got them cored and cleaned.
For the brine:
1 quarts water
1 quarts white vinegar
3/4 cup pickling salt
Bring to a boil.

Spices to go in 1/2 gallon mason jar:
1 tbs dill seed
1 tsp mustard seed
Fresh dill
1 tbs dried minced onion
1/2 tsp Alum
3 cloves garlic.
Now vacuum packed. In 3 or so days I'll stuff them with Feta. And cap it with ham or Prosciutto.

P7172679.jpg

P7172678.jpg

They will be kept in the same brine after they are stuffed until eaten. I've put them in olive oil until eaten. But they are eaten in a few days anyway.

They are. The first ones I did I put in Olive oil after I stuffed them. The oil was fine. Though it thickened when cold. Which, while the taste was really good. The look was less then appealing.

Steve that looks awesome! I will modify a slight bit as I am not a fan of Feta but sure will find a replacement.

Provolone, seek out Imported Ex--Sharp from Auricchio and Prosciutto would be Money in them too. Works in Hot Pickled Cherry Peppers...JJ

Looks great! I am also a big fan of sharp provolone. If they are put in olive oil is it necessary to keep refrigerated??????

Yes...Although the peppers were pickled, the additional handling and adding all that protein without further cooking or processing, you are just asking for Botulism packing in Oil and storing at room temperature...JJ

Reactions: fullborebbq
Looks awesome Steve! Pickled peppers stuffed with prosciutto and provolone are a favorite around here.

They’re especially tasty stopping in a pizza joint at midnight after a night of drinking...takes me back!

Looks awesome Steve! Pickled peppers stuffed with prosciutto and provolone are a favorite around here.

They’re especially tasty stopping in a pizza joint at midnight after a night of drinking...takes me back!

I haven't had them with provolone before. One or two of these peppers just might get that instead of Feta. Thanks for the idea.

I haven't had them with provolone before. One or two of these peppers just might get that instead of Feta. Thanks for the idea.

Yeah they cube the provolone and wrap the prosciutto around it and stuff into a pepper.

I never tried them with Feta though, I’m sure it’s just as good. I got a hankering for some now.

Reactions: Miss Piggy
Yeah they cube the provolone and wrap the prosciutto around it and stuff into a pepper.

I never tried them with Feta though, I’m sure it’s just as good. I got a hankering for some now.

I'm going to be making a few with this batch. Actually. The idea of wrapping the Feta that way also sounds good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky