Stuffed Jalapeños

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

1ray

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Garland Tx
I have a customer who wants some stuffed jalapeños with cheddar cheese and pulled pork wrapped in bacon and was wondering how much to charge for them.

You have customers. So I assume you have products that you sell.? Why is pricing this item a challenge?

They are $1.99lb here at Kroger but that's without pulled pork. You get about 2.5 per pound also minus the pulled pork. I'd charge 2.50-2.75 per pound with the pulled pork. NOBODY is going to pay 3 bucks per popper though. Definitely go by weight

Reactions: BucketBack
I have a customer who wants some stuffed jalapeños with cheddar cheese and pulled pork wrapped in bacon and was wondering how much to charge for them.
Here is a simple plate cost spread sheet from the Food Truck Empire that might be useful. I use a similar one from Chef-Resources, but to get the spreadsheets costs a membership. This spreadsheet only addresses product costs. Labor will have to be figured cost/recipe/quantity made and added to the price. 🍻
John

Attachments

• FTE-Costing-Spreadsheet.xlsx
    32 KB · Views: 15
Guess depends on location but most the BBQ places around here get $3 but they huge.
Location absolutely matters. I can’t market price something in Colorado and then expect that price to work in Tennessee.
The OP never did say where he is from. Prices change county by county, and much more state by state.

I agree with Jake, 3 bucks for half a jalapeño stuffed seems extreme. Id just calculate your cost per jalapeño and add some reasonable margin to it + some labor cost.

Depending on how big they are and if they’re awesome, I’d pay 3 for them because it’s a fresh made in house product. I wouldn’t buy the smaller poppers like the chain restaurants sell.

The older I get the more I’m interested in quality over quantity and I’m willing to pay more for it.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Def. depends on location for sure. I’m using my location since OP didn’t state a location.

Does appear multiple people WOULD pay $3, so don’t cut yourself short with whatever decision you make.

I'm torn on the subject..I LOVE them and can eat a dozen at one sitting with ease.
My problem is that they are a pain in the rear to make and cook and I eat them up so fast, it seems like it's too much for too little.
When I see them at the grocery store for sky high prices, I'm shocked that folks would pay that much.

These are whole peppers stuffed with che And pulled pork. I always get the biggest ones I can find.

Well he was very happy with $3 a pepper. Thanks to all for your help.

Attachments

• 1AB62862-BF35-4955-B717-2569E81DBC57.jpeg
    1AB62862-BF35-4955-B717-2569E81DBC57.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 19
  • F3D27B93-D560-4E3E-90AC-B3FE39660AFD.jpeg
    F3D27B93-D560-4E3E-90AC-B3FE39660AFD.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 19
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky