Stuffed Burgers - Jalapenos and Hickory!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sky monkey

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 7, 2015
Western Oregon
My kitchen is torn apart for a remodel right now so good home cooked meals have been a little too rare the last couple weeks. Had to do something about that even though the dishes I created are going to be a PITA.

50% ground beef and 50% ground bison. Seasoned with CBP and Trager's Garlic Chili Rub (most of my seasoning's are packed up so I took this shortcut) - each burger about 1/2 lb
Stuffed with gouda cheese, sliced jalapenos, BBQ sauce, minced garlic and some gluten free panko for a little crunch (used to use crispy onions but daughter was diagnosed with Celiac recently)

Smoked with hickory chunks at ~260° for 1 hour. Put some cheddar slices on top for the last 10 minutes (should of reduced this to 5 minutes - almost lost the cheese to the heat, lol)
They were mmmmmmmm tasty! I would do them more often if the prep wasn't such a pain.

Burg1.jpg
Burg 2.jpg
Burg 3.jpg

Burg 4.jpg

Burg 5.jpg

Wow! That looks so good! Great work! Hehe, the work can get tough to get through, but your payoff looks worth it for sure!

Now that's a burger. Good Job!!!

Point for sure
Chrsi

Looks like something I would make. I have been buying the 50% beef 50% pork for burgers lately. Something different. Would love to try some Bison or Elk.

And I do like the 1/2 pound burgers.

Nice job!

Holy smokes. That looks amazing. I just got word from Lowe's that my new smoker is in. That might have to be one of my first smoke in the new smoker.

Outstanding job, they look great! Occasionally I do some real close to those. They are awesome, but like you said the prep is quite time consuming.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky