Strips and taters....again

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I can never turn down a good looking pack of steaks if I happen across them. Especially now with locating deals is difficult.

PC020074.jpg

Pretty good looking pieces of meat. A tad under 7.00 a pound.

PC020075.jpg

Hit em with SPG.

PC020077.jpg

Some roasters rubbed with EVOO, kosher salt, and pepper.

PC020079.jpg

After baking at 375 for about a hour. Took out and allowed to cool bit. Then scooped out the insides and put in a bowl with butter, cheddar, salt, pepper, sour cream, and bacon.
Mixed it up. And put the back in the skins.

PC020080.jpg

After got got heated through. I topped with more cheddar. And put under the broiler to melt the cheese.

PC020081.jpg

Plated up with a healthy dose of shrooms that were cooked in butter with SPOG. The meal was very good. Though I let the steaks carry past med rare a touch. They were still
plenty juicy and tender. I should add that I hit these steaks with the jaccard for insurance. I thought the marbling was a bit on the light side.

Attachments

• PC020078.jpg
    PC020078.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 14
Love my 3 row Jaccard , like you good deals are hard to find and when in doubt break it out lol .

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Looks real good Steve. Nice tater work too. Wife only likes traditional Baked taters, yours looks so good I may have to go "rogue" next time with mine, lol. Great work! Strips are my personal favorite steak.

Very nice looking meal. Dang I just bought strips a few days ago for wife's birthday $9.59/lb ,yuck.

Looks real good Steve. Nice tater work too. Wife only likes traditional Baked taters, yours looks so good I may have to go "rogue" next time with mine, lol. Great work! Strips are my personal favorite steak.
Thank you Mike! I was going to do regular baked taters. But decided on these instead.

Looks good Steve. Nice taters😉
Thanks Jake!

Good looking meal Steve!
You do like your steaks, don’t you!
Al
Haha! I certainly do! Thanks!

Very nice looking meal. Dang I just bought strips a few days ago for wife's birthday $9.59/lb ,yuck.
Ouch! They were that much here. But the price finally came down a touch. And thank you!

Excellent meal Steve! I might try the twice baked tater next time, I’m getting a little bored of the standard baked potato.

Reactions: MJB05615
Another nice steak meal Steve ! I'm digging those taters for sure! Also I like the pile of shrooms on the steak!

Looks fantastic Steve, we got them on sale down here for 5.99 if ya want to take a road trip :emoji_wink:

Boy howdy Steve, a wonderful meal that any true American would be thrilled to be sitting down to, Like! RAY

Great looking steak and taters! A meal fit for a king!

Ryan

Yessir all good there! Hard to not like a steak buried in some shrooms!! The tater is spot on too!

That's speaking my language right there buddy!! Steaks, twice baked taters with cheese and 'shrooms...oh those lovely 'shrooms and lots of them. Heaven on a plate if ever there was!! Great job my friend.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky