• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Strips and taters....again

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
I can never turn down a good looking pack of steaks if I happen across them. Especially now with locating deals is difficult.

PC020074.jpg

Pretty good looking pieces of meat. A tad under 7.00 a pound.

PC020075.jpg

Hit em with SPG.

PC020077.jpg

Some roasters rubbed with EVOO, kosher salt, and pepper.

PC020079.jpg

After baking at 375 for about a hour. Took out and allowed to cool bit. Then scooped out the insides and put in a bowl with butter, cheddar, salt, pepper, sour cream, and bacon.
Mixed it up. And put the back in the skins.

PC020080.jpg

After got got heated through. I topped with more cheddar. And put under the broiler to melt the cheese.

PC020081.jpg

Plated up with a healthy dose of shrooms that were cooked in butter with SPOG. The meal was very good. Though I let the steaks carry past med rare a touch. They were still
plenty juicy and tender. I should add that I hit these steaks with the jaccard for insurance. I thought the marbling was a bit on the light side.

Attachments

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
Love my 3 row Jaccard , like you good deals are hard to find and when in doubt break it out lol .

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2018
Looks real good Steve. Nice tater work too. Wife only likes traditional Baked taters, yours looks so good I may have to go "rogue" next time with mine, lol. Great work! Strips are my personal favorite steak.

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Looks good Steve. Nice taters😉

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Good looking meal Steve!
You do like your steaks, don’t you!
Al

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Very nice looking meal. Dang I just bought strips a few days ago for wife's birthday $9.59/lb ,yuck.

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Looks real good Steve. Nice tater work too. Wife only likes traditional Baked taters, yours looks so good I may have to go "rogue" next time with mine, lol. Great work! Strips are my personal favorite steak.
Thank you Mike! I was going to do regular baked taters. But decided on these instead.

Looks good Steve. Nice taters😉
Thanks Jake!

Good looking meal Steve!
You do like your steaks, don’t you!
Al
Haha! I certainly do! Thanks!

Very nice looking meal. Dang I just bought strips a few days ago for wife's birthday $9.59/lb ,yuck.
Ouch! They were that much here. But the price finally came down a touch. And thank you!

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Excellent meal Steve! I might try the twice baked tater next time, I’m getting a little bored of the standard baked potato.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Another nice steak meal Steve ! I'm digging those taters for sure! Also I like the pile of shrooms on the steak!

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Why not . A great meal Steve.

Warren

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
Looks fantastic Steve, we got them on sale down here for 5.99 if ya want to take a road trip :emoji_wink:

normanaj

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 2, 2014
Nice!

That's literally one of my favorites.We do steaks and bakes once a week here.

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Boy howdy Steve, a wonderful meal that any true American would be thrilled to be sitting down to, Like! RAY

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Yessir all good there! Hard to not like a steak buried in some shrooms!! The tater is spot on too!

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
That's speaking my language right there buddy!! Steaks, twice baked taters with cheese and 'shrooms...oh those lovely 'shrooms and lots of them. Heaven on a plate if ever there was!! Great job my friend.

Robert

clifish

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 25, 2019
Is that a Mickeys wide mouth brew? Have not see that in many years. Meal looks great Steve!

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Excellent meal Steve! I might try the twice baked tater next time, I’m getting a little bored of the standard baked potato.
Thanks Joe! The taters were a nice change.

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Another nice steak meal Steve ! I'm digging those taters for sure! Also I like the pile of shrooms on the steak!
Thanks Travis! How can you not have a steak without a pile of shrooms!?

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.