• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

STORE BOUGHT RUBS

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 1, 2019
Well, I ran out of my favorite pork rub, Malcolm Reed's THE BBQ RUB. I can pick some up at the local Ace Hardware but it is super high and smaller can. I always order on the internet. That being said, I would like to give something else a try this weekend on a pork butt and a pork loin roast. What is your favorite store bought pork rub? Just ordered more of Malcolm Reed's rub. Thanks

creek bottom

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 13, 2019
I like Twisted Q Crooked Pig. I get it at my local Wally Mart... Normally I use Plowboys Yardbird rub, which I get off Amazon. This stuff is good though and people seem to like it whenever I use it.

1573139519255.png

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2018
I like the Killer Hogs products. Love the nice color they give you. I also used Slap Yo' Daddy AP BBQ and Head Country AP Rubs with great success. That said, I still feel that Jeff's Original Rub is one of the best around. I am going to be making a fresh batch of it tonight.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 1, 2019
I like the Killer Hogs products. Love the nice color they give you. I also used Slap Yo' Daddy AP BBQ and Head Country AP Rubs with great success. That said, I still feel that Jeff's Original Rub is one of the best around. I am going to be making a fresh batch of it tonight.
Sounds great JC.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 1, 2019
I'm not too picky with Rubs.
I even like most of McCormick's selections.

Bear
Been using Their Montreal Steak for many, many years on all steaks. Coat them heavy with it. Let sit uncovered in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Right before you throw on the grill, baste with olive oil. It's the best steak you will eat anywhere. Tender and tasty. I will check out their other rubs.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 1, 2019

Bear
Been using Their Montreal Steak for many, many years on all steaks. Coat them heavy with it. Let sit uncovered in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Right before you throw on the grill, baste with olive oil. It's the best steak you will eat anywhere. Tender and tasty. I will check out their other rubs.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 1, 2019

Bear
Been using Their Montreal Steak for many, many years on all steaks. Coat them heavy with it. Let sit uncovered in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Right before you throw on the grill, baste with olive oil. It's the best steak you will eat anywhere. Tender and tasty. I will check out their other rubs. Thanks

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 16, 2016
Not really into store bought stuff. Usually too salty and I like salt. I have use Jeff's (make from recipe) and like it but tweaked it. Honestly, the recipe itself helped me learn much about how to build my own. Must have IMO. The sauce is totally pro too. I brine or inject so for the most part can do away with a rub.

sandyut

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
thank you for this thread! I have been pondering some store bought rubs a while. following this discussion for options.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 1, 2019
Not really into store bought stuff. Usually too salty and I like salt. I have use Jeff's (make from recipe) and like it but tweaked it. Honestly, the recipe itself helped me learn much about how to build my own. Must have IMO. The sauce is totally pro too. I brine or inject so for the most part can do away with a rub.
Thanks. Might to make my own based of Jeff's

Hot Threads

Top Bottom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks