Sticky Buns

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

walle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 21, 2009
Fruita, Colorado
Whipped up some sticky buns tonight for an office thing tomorrow.

I just use a basic bread dough with some cinnamon and vanilla added.
The "sticky" is just brown sugar and pancake syrup - pecans optional.

I use a rolling pen to roll out the dough - guessing 10 to 12" wide, slather with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, roll, and cut.

The ROLL!

Hardest part is figuring how many to a pan. I just start slicing 1.5 to 2" thick, and make sure it's an even number. Helps if you go down the side, then across the end to keep everything even.

Then when you've baked them according to your dough recipe - turn them over on foil. I like using the foil pans because you can just lift them back in and toss.

Two baked... one in the oven... it's getting late so here goes!

And most of the final take!

Thanks for checking out my sticky bun post.

Tracey

/ message sig

Reactions: scarbelly
Wow, that's a load of rolls, Tracey!  I could go through a pan of those in a hurry. 

..........and i'm here gnawing on a damn bagel with my coffee, looks great tracey!

My congrats on some great looking buns, even if I am on a diet, they look outstanding. It's all good my friend.

OMG Tracey, Those look incredible, and my wifes favorite! Wish I would have seen this post before Valentines Day!

OMG Tracey, Those look incredible, and my wifes favorite! Wish I would have seen this post before Valentines Day!
Hey Al---You've been married long enough to have 2 Valentines Days.

One Judy knew about, and one she doesn't suspect???  
icon_idea.gif

Bear

Wow those are incredible. Mrs Scar made some over the weekend and I had to go grab one to keep from slobering all over my keyboard

I have eaten at least one every day this week but you have at least a 30 day supply
points.gif

Never made anything like this, nor have I really ever made dough. 

Mind sharing the recipe/directions/instructions so I can attempt this one day? If not, that's ok. They look awesome!! 
biggrin.gif

Those look great!  When Mrs shooter makes her cinnimon rolls I get all warm and fuzzy feelin.  Same feelin now!  LOL

Never made anything like this, nor have I really ever made dough. 

Mind sharing the recipe/directions/instructions so I can attempt this one day? If not, that's ok. They look awesome!! 
biggrin.gif
FL, I pretty much shared the process above - only thing missing was the dough recipe which is just a basic white bread recipe I got from my mom which litterally reads:

2 C water

2 T sugar

1 T salt

1 T oil

Enough flour to make good dough...!

I started using instant yeast, so I will add 2 t. instant yeast to approx 3 C Flour in a bowl.  Mix that first, do your water, sugar thing above using tap water as hot as you can get it.  Pour into your yeast flour and start mixing with a spoon.  Once it gets to hard to mix with a spoon, slowly start adding flour (I do it a hand full at a time), until you have dough that won't stick to your hands.  I'm guessing about 4 to 6 cups total. 

Check out a basic bread recipe, then just roll it out, add our stuff, roll up, slice, and bake.  Cinnamon rolls are about as easy as it gets baking.

Good luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky