• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Sticks Qview

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
They look great.................. Nice job...........

reinhard

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 6, 2013
Realy good looking sticks!! Cheezeee with some kick to it.  Great combination. Reinhard

craddock

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 15, 2013
Thanks all. I am really happy with this batch. These are all beef. I was helping a friend make some venison sticks so as long as he had his stuff dirty I picked a 18 lb beef arm in scale. Made this and saved a roast for the Slow cooker. Smoked in an MES 30 in zero degree weather .

reinhard

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 6, 2013
What temp did you use to make these tasty things in the MES 30 and how long did it take? I have smoked in mine as cold as 10 above and it maintained it's temp i set.  Did you have any problems at 0 for a temp? That's what it's been around here and colder. Reinhard

craddock

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 15, 2013
I am in Wisconsin straight east of the Cities so you have an idea of the weather here. I had issues with keeping the AMPNS lit on my first run with it so I opened smoker up in those temps too much. Plus I had excessive time drying before turning up heat for a few reasons. So time was off. Second batch went very quick. I would like to shoot 5 hours. Maybe a bit more if just for me because I like heavy smoke. This batch was in for hours before adding smoke. Frustrating. I will attach a pic of moisture still coming out hours after starting and then the moisture next to the TBS of the amnps a bit later .

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.