Steaks and snow!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Nothing fancy. Had a few New york strip steaks that needed a little reverse sear. Fired up the mini-wsm, Kingsford Blue, cherry, pecan. Ran the smoker at 200°, then seared the steaks off. Gotta love the mini for that! Served with garlic mashers and steamed broccoli.

Swimming in Worcestershire for a few hours.

Prepping the mini, just starting to snow!

The BBQ guard pig doing his job.

Fresh off the grill. I cancelled the sear. I got distracted and didn't get them out of the smoke in time. I didn't want them over cooked!

ENJOY!!!!

I love the color on those steaks. I agree, far better to skip the sear than risk cooking your meat well done (shudder). Your BBQ guard pig is doing a fantastic job, BTW.

Have a great day!
Clarissa

Looks great even without the sear.
Thank you Adam!
I love the color on those steaks. I agree, far better to skip the sear than risk cooking your meat well done (shudder). Your BBQ guard pig is doing a fantastic job, BTW.

Have a great day!
Clarissa
Thank you Clarissa! The steaks were at the perfect stage so there was no way I was going to sear them off and have (gasp) overdone steaks!
MMM Strips are my favorite
grilling_smilie.gif
They look great. good job. Searings overated IMO.
We like them too! I agree with the searing. I usually only do it when there's guests to oooooooo and aweeeeeeeee!

Great looking steaks.  Can't beat that pecan/cherry mix, going on the Christmas bird round here.  It was a shame you had to eat the potato and broccoli with only a little pat of butter. 
icon_biggrin.gif
  LOVE that guard pig!  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Great looking steaks.  Can't beat that pecan/cherry mix, going on the Christmas bird round here.  It was a shame you had to eat the potato and broccoli with only a little pat of butter. 
icon_biggrin.gif
  LOVE that guard pig!  Keep Smokin!

Danny
Thank you! To make it even worse it wasn't smoked butter!

DS That looks great as usual I know that was some smoked butta on that Idaho spud right? - Very nice presentation. Keep it up
drool.gif

DS That looks great as usual I know that was some smoked butta on that Idaho spud right? - Very nice presentation. Keep it up :drool

Thanks DS! Unfortunately I need to smoke some more butter. Maybe this weekend I'll smoke some eggs for smoked deviled eggs and do se butter too!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky